Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Ultimate duffle bag  (Read 4962 times)

Neon Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
    • Neon Cricket
Re: Ultimate duffle bag
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2017, 07:21:26 AM »

This is the example I was sent by the supplier:

My main concern was the wheels catching the back of your legs? Could probably put some sort of padding in there, but not sure this would totally mitigate the issue?

DorsetDan

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2017, 07:23:55 AM »

Duffle makes sense 99% of the time for me unless I am travelling a fair way and it is heavy (like having work stuff in as well) when I wish for a sturdy wheeled bag... a wheelie duffle would have to pull exceptionally well to make the extra weight of the wheels worth it. I see wheelie duffles as more for people who want a wheeled bag with the option to throw it on their back now and again. Either way they don't really make sense IMO as it's a compromise both ways
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 07:25:47 AM by DorsetDan »

manno

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2017, 07:28:45 AM »

My giant puma bag has wheels on one end. And i use them to drag the thing along when the terrain allows. One thing to watch for though is the strain/flex that puts on the unsupported length of the bag. I had a couple of rivets pull out of the plastic support strips that run along the base of the bag. Possibly Due to me dragging it down stairs.... Besides that though, overall ive been happy that the wheels are there.

Neon Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Captain
    • Neon Cricket
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2017, 07:34:32 AM »

Is that an actual wheelie, rather than a duffle though @manno?

manno

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2017, 07:44:21 AM »

Ok my understanding of a "duffle" bag has always been of one with the carry straps on the top. Seems a duffle in cricket terms refers to backpack style of bag?

manno

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2017, 07:48:51 AM »

Ignore my earlier post :)

Cricket much to my embarassment, has clearly decided to re-invent the term duffle.... haha

Neon Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Captain
    • Neon Cricket
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2017, 07:54:08 AM »

Haha no worries, had me confused for a second and all - far too early to be up and thinking about duffles!

Northern monkey

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2017, 08:21:30 AM »

Hubba hubba!

Oxfordshire cricket bats

Jaffa

• International Captain
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2017, 09:13:42 AM »

Looking at the design path Grit have taken they've gone from a hard plastic based design to Flex idea with supporting rods. 

So I see two variants of this design. One with a hard base plus wheels and a pull out handle for those of us that need more space or a smaller duffle with the Flex rods. So long as the idea of a stand up tower with loading shelves is used I reckon you're onto a winner. The fold out flap you can stand on so you don't have to stand on your towel is a bonus.

You can see how much changing room space is saved in this vid. (about 2mins in)... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHrvYYUBfuA

So Neon, world domination in the cricket bag market looming for you?
Tell it to my bread in the morning. You just became my backup toaster.

JB

• International Captain
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2017, 09:28:17 AM »

I agree with you Adam about the wheels hitting the back of your legs. The duffles Ive had have had the straps lower so the bad sits a bit higher up your back. The straps seem quite high up on your sample which is probably to stop them catching the ground if you wheel it. But like you say it will mean its sitting lower down when on your back meaning it could catch your legs

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2017, 09:42:27 AM »

Love the shelf idea and structural rods make sense too for those who like a big kit bag

Neon Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Captain
    • Neon Cricket
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2017, 09:56:34 AM »

Definitely worth looking into @Jaffa - the tiered duffle certainly has me intrigued at least! Certainly would make better use of the interior space.

For the record that wasn't my sample, pretty good idea who's it is but wouldn't want to speculate!

Woodyspin

• International Captain
  • www.twitter.com/thewoodyspin
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2017, 10:08:27 AM »

There must be a reason as to why noone has done the ultimate bag yet?

I believe if you buy a duffle you want it solely to be a bag to put on your back and a wheelie is to be dragged like a suitcase.

I think the next thing would be an aero style bag that has 4 wheels like the suitcases do now.

I prefer a bag that can hold everything in an organised way as if it can slip under the changing room benches then a bonus.

I would like to have access to everything without pulling everything out first. Hence my orignal suggestion of a seperate zip on the bottom to get to my pads if i just wanted them.

Edit: if i could draw/had access to some design tool id have a go

Ayrtek Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • www.AyrtekCricket.com
    • Ayrtek Cricket
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2017, 10:41:28 AM »

Ive got duffles due in mid-Nov that have a separate full length bat cave/pocket for 2 Bats at the rear before getting to the main section. 2 full length Side pockets, + a central front valuables pocket and bottom boot pocket. For me this ticks all boxes in what I personally need in a duffle whilst not filling up the space in a car boot that a wheelie requires.

For me as above the whole point in a duffle is so that you carry it on our back and avoid dragging it. Makes getting up and down stairs much easier and wont suffer the issue of getting dragged over gravel etc that wears through materials typically causing holes.

If anyone is interested Im happy to offer a little CBF pre-order discount for those looking to get in early. 👍

Kulli

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Herr Kaleun
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2017, 10:42:09 AM »

Slazenger have done a wheeled duffle for a while now. Has its advantages but adds weights and makes it less comfortable to carry. You'd really almost need to have them on the other side from the carry straps.
They won't catch us this time! Not this time! They haven't spotted us! No, they're all snoring in their bunks! Or, you know what? They're drinking at the bar, celebrating our sinking! Not yet, my friends. Not yet!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Advertise on CBF