Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Australian Model GN's 17/18  (Read 12721 times)

DorsetDan

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Australian Model GN's 17/18
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 01:21:41 PM »

Used it in a net, friend has one that is 2-8. Ping was out of this world!!!! Too light foe me but very impressed with XXX11. Mueleman's are made by Stu Kranzbuhler.

XXX11 is a different shape to the XXX10 right? More like a Warner and less like a UK Velocity by the looks of it.

I hadn't realised they were so light but a 2.9 or 2.10 could tempt me.

Was the XXX11 you saw as big as they look in the pictures? I know it is all irrelevant but I'm a sucker for a big bit o' wood

InternalTraining

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 01:27:45 PM »

From what I was told that they are supposed to be lighter (usable) version of Warner. Shape is exactly as pictured, mid hump and all...it is a big bat for size. Have you seen big/light CAs? Same size.  I will see if I can get some pics for comparison.

I think Mueleman has 2-9/2-10 as well.

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 01:31:51 PM »

Pictures would be interesting...

Any idea what a Shaun Marsh shape Atomic is when it is at home????

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 04:34:16 PM »

I think the silver is a great bat . Ive also seen a couple atomics (new , smaller) in about 2lb7oz that were very nice to pick up . I like the idea of the gem , havent seen if this years warners are the same/different etc . Not fussed on the predator,  although it wasnt a bad shape , just a bit 'samey' . Rest of their range is a bit disappointing tbh.
Those meulemans look interesting though !
Oh , and I've been told by gccc and kingsgrove staff that the elite isn't staying for this season .

Calzehbhoy

• International Captain
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 08:31:47 PM »

350 for a G2 XXX  :o

uknsaunders

• Administrator
  • Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+4)
    • Ashorne CC
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 09:01:06 PM »

I imagine all these shapes will conform to the new mcc bat sizes. In which case they will all look much the same.
email and googletalk: uknsaunders@gmail.com
club website: www.ashornecc.co.uk

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 01:03:36 AM »

I imagine all these shapes will conform to the new mcc bat sizes. In which case they will all look much the same.

To a certain extent yes, but these GN's were 25-30mm edge, tiny shoulder, tiny toe, 60mm spine or under, all similar shapes just varying the middle position. Even under the new size restrictions there is a decent volume of wood to play with and looking at NB and GM side by side where they mix up the shapes a bit makes GN's offerings look so uninspiring.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:19:52 AM by DorsetDan »

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2017, 01:08:55 AM »

350 for a G2 XXX  :o

Or 270gbp for a G3 which if you can get one that feels amazing and goes like a train isn't awful by Aus pricing. Actually it is very competitive for the messed up prices here! The proper Warners aren't always the best looking things in the world so you could potentially get hold of a lighter weight Warner for half the price. I'm sure with time the price will come down anyway and by the time you've hit a few balls you can't see the face either. Intriguing if not an out and out bargain

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2017, 01:18:46 AM »

I think the silver is a great bat . Ive also seen a couple atomics (new , smaller) in about 2lb7oz that were very nice to pick up . I like the idea of the gem , havent seen if this years warners are the same/different etc . Not fussed on the predator,  although it wasnt a bad shape , just a bit 'samey' . Rest of their range is a bit disappointing tbh.
Those meulemans look interesting though !
Oh , and I've been told by gccc and kingsgrove staff that the elite isn't staying for this season .

I didn't see a silver in GCCC but if the Elite is getting dropped then every bat I would realistically buy/ use is being discontinued, funny eh? The Elite I saw is an interesting one, kind of a mid middle XP70 which I would have thought would be popular in the UK. Atomic was of course the other that grabbed me and is being drastically changed. Shame.

The Kingsgrove Warner Players pic has it as a SSH which might be a return back to the original style, correct? Haven't the last few been a SH on a shorter blade?

I don't think the gamble on an XXX 11 is worth it without being able to go and see them all first, and a Warner would have to feel ridiculous to even contemplate that insane amount of money but it would be nice to see one to know what I am missing (or not) :)

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 07:33:31 AM »

Ah, Meuleman's... how you continue to tease...

Shorter blade, smaller bowed big bat soon to be dropped by GN? Proper weights too and G1 for the same price as the XXX11 G3... mmmmmmm

Sivlar13

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Love a legside stumping.
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 07:56:34 AM »

That is the perfect bat!
Life goal - to play a Kane Williamson dab to 3rd man for one.

@SivDrums

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 08:35:29 AM »

That is the perfect bat!

It does look good doesn't it! It may have turned around my low opinion of these Aus model bats and I may have to pick up the phone tomorrow :)

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 09:05:47 AM »

Yeah @DorsetDan the elites remind me of a lighter xp70 . They are a good bat .
The xxx11 looks so good shape wise . I was contemplating paying $765au for a  silver , but if i can get the lesser g1 version of a xxx11 for $699 it makes me want to reconsider .
Pity you haven't gotten to see more of the likes of legend , silver , ultimate,  prestige etc . I think that side of the current range is far superior to their standard models that will be endorsed by the pros . Makes me wonder why gn au won't get a Renshaw , Marsh etc to actually use one of those bats .
If you want to have a laugh while you're here you should go look at the cricket section of Rebel Sports !.... it will make you feel fortunate by comparison ( ie even Sports Direct wouldn't be as bad ).

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 09:53:05 AM »

Yeah @DorsetDan the elites remind me of a lighter xp70 . They are a good bat .
Pity you haven't gotten to see more of the likes of legend , silver , ultimate,  prestige etc . I think that side of the current range is far superior to their standard models that will be endorsed by the pros

Yep, the other impressive thing about the Elite in store was that it was very, very full. Makes me think if you root around the shelves this time of year there may be some gems before GN start changing models and discontinuing others.

Are manufacturers under some sort of obligation to produce bats within the new size restrictions? If not, it does make you wonder why they are dropping the big bats and slimming to 50+ to the Signature and so on...

Pilgrim

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 11:24:14 AM »

Which model is that green one? Looks amazing. Where is the image from too, please?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Advertise on CBF