Your 2018 kit... photos please
Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Your 2018 kit... photos please  (Read 24789 times)

emac23

• Village Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Your 2018 kit... photos please
« Reply #255 on: July 17, 2018, 06:35:01 AM »

@HellomynameisJ what are the Icon gloves like? I have a pair of pads from them and I've been thinking about getting some matching gloves, and possibly one of their small mens bats in 2 lb 9 oz

HellomynameisJ

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #256 on: July 17, 2018, 06:55:12 AM »

@HellomynameisJ what are the Icon gloves like? I have a pair of pads from them and I've been thinking about getting some matching gloves, and possibly one of their small mens bats in 2 lb 9 oz
I'll be honest, the signature X ones are a bit snug for a standard men's sized  glove, and the quality wasn't amazing but I didn't only pay half price for them so I didn't even bother looking into getting them replaced, I also have a pair of the Signature gloves that I cant speak highly enough of for 2 seasons, and are now just a spare net pair. From personal experience I'd say spend a little bit extra and get the signature gloves, they were exceptional, and if you keep a keen eye out and are patient they seem to have a few massive sales every year with everything 40-50% off.

alexevo94

• First XI Captain
« Reply #257 on: July 17, 2018, 09:52:10 AM »

I'll be honest, the signature X ones are a bit snug for a standard men's sized  glove, and the quality wasn't amazing but I didn't only pay half price for them so I didn't even bother looking into getting them replaced, I also have a pair of the Signature gloves that I cant speak highly enough of for 2 seasons, and are now just a spare net pair. From personal experience I'd say spend a little bit extra and get the signature gloves, they were exceptional, and if you keep a keen eye out and are patient they seem to have a few massive sales every year with everything 40-50% off.

Did you buy these from the UK icon?

SLA

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #258 on: July 17, 2018, 10:53:00 AM »

I don't have a photo, but I use a B3 bat that I bought last summer and is just starting to play nicely, some GN spikes that are at least 15 years old, a £8 pair of trainers from Decathlon that I wear on dry days, some GM pads and gloves that I bought in 2010. The pads are fine, but the gloves have holes in so I might think about replacing them in a few years. I have a helmet that dates from the 90s, but I only wear it in nets. I carry this all around in one of those kookaburra rucksacks after the cat pissed on my main cricket bag over the winter. It is completely useless and I have started carrying a separate bag with my whites in, which is actually quite useful because now I remember to bring them in the house after games, rather than leaving them in the car boot for a week.

40-over Cricket: 150* off 108, 8-3-19-7
T20 Cricket: 127* off 64, 4-1-12-6
Countries played cricket in so far: 6

HellomynameisJ

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #259 on: July 17, 2018, 12:56:26 PM »

Did you buy these from the UK icon?

No mate, Australian.

NT50

• First XI Captain
« Reply #260 on: August 01, 2018, 02:33:47 PM »

Bought a Slazenger and a Harrow B3 to go alongside my Red Inker, after winning a fair bit of cash on the World Cup. The harrow is a TKC copy bat which weighs in at 2'5 and has pretty similar pick up which is good for a bottom heavy bat. Will see how it goes when i knock it in. Will get rid of the Slazenger as it's a little bit too heavy for me.

I also got myself some keeping gloves as i've been asked to don them a few times of late, and going forwards i see myself as a keeper bat! I initially bought a cheap black pair of gloves from Hunts County @ 20, however, when i opened them up before my game, the palms looked like they'd had something burnt into them (presumably the plastic inside them during the heatwave?) and had a small hole in them, so took them back. The guy in the shop gave me a pair of 40 gloves for no extra charge, excellent service

After 2 or so metres of scuff sheet for my bats, if anyone could point me in the right direction i'd be grateful!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Advertise on CBF