Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Thigh pads - questions and now answers!  (Read 117944 times)

jimmysis, hell4leather cricket, Smmatle1 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

SouthpawMark

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Thigh pads - questions and now answers!
« Reply #375 on: January 13, 2020, 09:29:11 PM »

Used my Remfry thigh and inner for the first time last week, having used an Aero P1 V7 last season. Theres no comparison.
Bat perv.

AJ2014

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #376 on: January 13, 2020, 09:39:15 PM »

Used my Remfry thigh and inner for the first time last week, having used an Aero P1 V7 last season. Theres no comparison.
[/q
how much do they cost?
Who hit me the biggest 6? My son! With the bat I gifted him!

SouthpawMark

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #377 on: January 13, 2020, 09:44:51 PM »

[/q
how much do they cost?

For a thigh pad, quite a lot. Especially as you have to import them from Aus, pay import duty etc. That said, Luke tries to minimise the additional costs as much as possible.  In terms of performance and comfort though, the Remfry pads are hard to beat. Dont get me wrong, the P1 isnt bad at all, although I did struggle with the hip guard, and also found that they slipped down regularly.
Bat perv.

AJ2014

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #378 on: January 13, 2020, 10:04:43 PM »

think top level protection must be as comfy as possible, thats what this one must be, looking at its price tag. enjoy a long time with your Remfry :D
i saw one little post about them, its interesting to know how many forumites will be buying it for coming season, I wouldn't as i don't bat that much, mostly in the nets :D
Who hit me the biggest 6? My son! With the bat I gifted him!

SouthpawMark

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #379 on: January 13, 2020, 10:09:49 PM »

think top level protection must be as comfy as possible, thats what this one must be, looking at its price tag. enjoy a long time with your Remfry :D
i saw one little post about them, its interesting to know how many forumites will be buying it for coming season, I wouldn't as i don't bat that much, mostly in the nets :D

Most thigh pads do exactly the same thing, so its an unnecessary expense to buy a handmade thigh pad and have it imported from Australia. I must admit, the only reason I did it was because I was intrigued as to what all the fuss was about, and why they are so popular with the pros. Also, I guess its good to support a family business that has grown through word of mouth and doesnt even offer a penny in sponsorship deals.
Bat perv.

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
« Reply #380 on: Yesterday at 10:58:10 PM »

On a load of the new thigh pads there is some form of hip protector, the GN, Moonwkr, Masuri etc what is the general view?
The p1s have had them in various guises for years.
I have found they just get in the way...!
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw.

SouthpawMark

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #381 on: Yesterday at 11:01:59 PM »

On a load of the new thigh pads there is some form of hip protector, the GN, Moonwkr, Masuri etc what is the general view?

I think the hip protectors are a complete waste of time. Ive never been hit on the hip (cue getting hit on the hip at nets this coming Sunday), and they make the overall package a bit too bulky. Theres only so much you can stuff down your trousers!
Bat perv.

ch1p

• First XI Captain
« Reply #382 on: Today at 12:06:11 AM »

As Jos Buttler would say they struggle to get past my Fxxxing gut and make it all uncomfortable and push the thigh pad down my leg so no good for me.

19reading87

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+39)
« Reply #383 on: Today at 07:25:10 AM »

I have found this too - its so hard to just find a basic non bulky thigh guard
Highest score: 147*          Best bowling: 5-21

SD

• County 1st XI
« Reply #384 on: Today at 08:17:15 AM »

I find the hip protection bulky but an essential part of the thigh pad.  Of all the places on the lower body to get hit, getting struck on the corner of hip bone is by far the most painful.  When I first started playing, thigh pads were essentially a foam rectangle held in place with two pieces of Velcro.  The ball that climbs and jags back in was horrible without proper protection in that area
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Advertise on CBF