Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]

Author Topic: Your 2018 Season  (Read 47008 times)

mohawks94

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Your 2018 Season
« Reply #945 on: March 04, 2019, 01:51:55 AM »

Season ended for us Saturday with another loss. We finished bottom with 25 points from 15 games. Two wins in the first two weeks, one rained off and twelve defeats. Only positive in the club season was making t20 semi finals, even if we got absolutely spanked in that.

Personally I am disappointed with my batting performances, only scoring 95 runs in the league and a high score of 19. In t20s I scored 82 runs at 20.5 from 4 games, so I know I could/should have done better with the bat.

Bowling wise I feel I've bowled OK but not my best. I've had spells where I've felt I've bowled well without reward, others where teams are going hard against everyone and the lack of athleticism has caused me to concede a lot of runs and miss out on wickets. I tied with the other pom with 13 wickets, only behind the captain on 18, but if Dan could catch I'd have been rivalling the skipper as he shelled 4 easy ones off me over the season, and plenty more besides.

Fielding I didn't drop any catches but only took 4, got a run out as well. Occasionally I misfielded with balls not getting to me as quick as I expected thanks to the slower outfields.

Highlights for me, 61 from 39 in a t20 chasing 190 with an over to spare and 8/3/12/5 for Port Lincoln in the Henderson Shield B Grade final which got me player of the week from the local paper.

Got another month here, going to see the national t20 finals in adelaide tomorrow until Friday, then home at the start of April and into pre season with Ansty.

vibrate

• Club Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Your 2018 Season
« Reply #946 on: March 23, 2019, 11:17:36 PM »

Played Semi finals Yesterday Against the team that beat us in the grand final last season. I Bowled really well with 1 for 10 off 8 overs. They still managed to Get 220 in the 40 overs tho. We chased it down with 6 overs left. I contributed with a sneaky 25 in 3 overs. Sadly i won't be able to play the grand final next week as i am flying out to New York for holidays.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]

Advertise on CBF