Your 2018 Season
Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50

Author Topic: Your 2018 Season  (Read 26298 times)

SLA

• Club Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Your 2018 Season
« Reply #705 on: August 08, 2018, 10:40:49 AM »

The ridiculous thing was the match was the league decider.
I honestly couldn't care less if they'd won the game legitimately, sometimes you just have to say the better team won on the day. The fact they had to resort to such tactics left a real sour taste after the game.

Clearly winning a plastic cup is more important to them than playing fairly and within the spirit of the game. Oh well, there's always next year (if we enter the competition, chasing round for players and turning up with 10 becomes tiresome very quickly...)

We played a team once, who all surrounded the boundary when we were fielding and sledged us. I've never seen that before. The non-striking batsman would sledge the bowler as the bowler was running in. We bowled them out quite cheaply, but they then fiddled the scorebook and (very clumsily) added 20 runs to their total, and then refused to come out of the dressing room until we agreed that to chase the augmented total.

We were so pissed off we knocked off the winning runs in under 20 overs with a hale of 6s, and then knocked off the additional 20 runs in just 5 balls. I smashed the final ball into the beer garden of the pub next door and walked straight to the car where the skipper was waiting and we drove off without even saying goodbye. Very satisfying.

I'm told that so many of their players were so embarrassed by this that they never played for the club again. They subsequently got relegated for the next 5 straight seasons and are now the lowest ranked 1st team in the entire league system.
40-over Cricket: 150* off 108, 8-3-19-7
T20 Cricket: 127* off 64, 4-1-12-6
Countries played cricket in so far: 6

goodarmcindy

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #706 on: August 08, 2018, 11:44:48 AM »

An almost identical thing happened to me on debut for England. Remarkable times.

CasualSpinner

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #707 on: August 09, 2018, 10:44:00 AM »

We played a team once, who all surrounded the boundary when we were fielding and sledged us. I've never seen that before. The non-striking batsman would sledge the bowler as the bowler was running in. We bowled them out quite cheaply, but they then fiddled the scorebook and (very clumsily) added 20 runs to their total, and then refused to come out of the dressing room until we agreed that to chase the augmented total.

We were so pissed off we knocked off the winning runs in under 20 overs with a hale of 6s, and then knocked off the additional 20 runs in just 5 balls. I smashed the final ball into the beer garden of the pub next door and walked straight to the car where the skipper was waiting and we drove off without even saying goodbye. Very satisfying.

I'm told that so many of their players were so embarrassed by this that they never played for the club again. They subsequently got relegated for the next 5 straight seasons and are now the lowest ranked 1st team in the entire league system.

That's the right way to deal with this kind of thing.

Seniorplayer

• Forum Legend
« Reply #708 on: August 10, 2018, 09:10:24 AM »

Playing against top of the league on Sat and at least 2 players from last weeks nine are on holiday inc our captain who organises everything so  on Saturday I am expecting chaos.

petehosk

• Administrator
  • Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+37)
« Reply #709 on: August 10, 2018, 12:34:08 PM »

Playing against top of the league on Sat and at least 2 players from last weeks nine are on holiday inc our captain who organises everything so  on Saturday I am expecting chaos.

.........and only 7 players??

Seniorplayer

• Forum Legend
« Reply #710 on: August 10, 2018, 12:45:21 PM »

.........and only 7 players??

That could well be the case can predict what will happen opposition Realise we only have 7 win toss and  bats  scores 300 our skipper realises we only have 7 wins the toss and fields his logic it's a win lose draw match.

smilley792

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Willoooowwwww
« Reply #711 on: August 10, 2018, 01:00:58 PM »

Had 3 midweek games this week. Tues wed and thurs.

Opened in all 3 and managed to face a total of 34 balls! Money and time week spent.

Although 14 and 18 in the first to games was disappointing(and both games lost) the 49 in the last game I was happy with. It came of 16 balls and included 4 sixes(3 over cover).

Jug avoidance thoguh, as we had a strong side so attempted the reverse lap to get to fifty and was rightly given out plumb lbw...... oh well. 2 other lads got 50, and we put 191 on in our 20, oppo allnout 165.
@chrisjones792
Fastest ton- 54balls

jjelricksmith

• First XI Captain
« Reply #712 on: August 10, 2018, 02:33:33 PM »

Played a T20 last night, was forced into bowling the 18th and 20th overs due to injury and it being quite dark so we felt spin was the only way that was fair. Got absolutely dispatched for 22 off the 2 overs however managed to make it up. Chasing 150 in pretty much the dark managed to get it in 17.1 and after opening the batting finished 77*, lovely average booster.

Timbo287

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #713 on: August 11, 2018, 09:40:13 AM »

Game called off due to an unfit ground after yesterday’s rain. First Saturday off in 3 months

edge

« Reply #714 on: August 11, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »

Started really well against the top of the table side, fantastic... then rain, boo. On the bright side, I got runs again, with the visiting in-laws watching  and a red inker to boot. 270 for once out in the past eight days, the most purple of purple patches. Bat #003 is unbelievable!
HS: 126, BB: 7-20

WalkingWicket37

• International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+26)
« Reply #715 on: August 11, 2018, 07:51:09 PM »

Game called off after 7 overs.
Went off for rain and never went back on.

Oh well, only the 2nd game we've lost to the weather this year.
On to next week :)

Gurujames

• International Captain
« Reply #716 on: August 11, 2018, 08:12:15 PM »

Played for my other league team so could only bat no.7 . Hit. 60* and got 2 wickets. Which, any of the West Country CBF team will tell you says more about their batting than my bowling. Anyway ended up in a rain affected draw. Good day out though.
More importantly my car battery was dead and I i to get my brother to give it a jump start, so arrived late. I charged the battery all game but couldn’t have  have a beer after as I worried about having to turn my lights on.
Got home and the missus only had 2 beers in the fridge. Is that grounds for divorce?
Anyway. One league team I play for is relegated and the other promoted. Mixed season really.

geeders

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #717 on: August 11, 2018, 08:56:01 PM »

Big game today playing 2nd in the league with us 3rd. Unfortunately we fell short chasing so promotion may be slipping away.
On a personal note picked up a 5'fer including a hat-trick at the end of the game.
This year I struggled early on with the ball and went through a period where I couldn't let go of it with any confidence. Was good today to be back amongst the wickets despite the disappointing team result.

Novak

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #718 on: August 11, 2018, 09:36:37 PM »

Had a shocking lbw from umpire today . League umpire

Annoying work so hard in the week and umpire ruins the week with a shocker

SOULMAN1012

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+25)
« Reply #719 on: August 11, 2018, 09:59:14 PM »

A comfortable win today, batted first and felt in superb nick after feeling a bit out of form last couple of weeks? Oppo openers were sharp and moving the ball at decent pace and saw them off making 40 when 3rd ball from young leggie i spooned it to backward point and threw away all the hard work.
A real positive was then watching our young colt who has bags of talent score his best score of 146, we ended 176/5 including 2 wickets in last over smashing out

They were never in the game and blocked the hell out of it losing wickets as they went and kept us in the field for the full 45 overs finishing 134/9 so 19 PST which puts us top by 16pts with 2 games in hand over the other teams up with us, so pretty much up as champions now
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50

Advertise on CBF