Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 64

Author Topic: Your 2018 Season  (Read 54110 times)

CasualSpinner

• Club Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Your 2018 Season
« Reply #735 on: August 13, 2018, 08:11:02 AM »

I hate it when the bowler gets away with filth down the legside.

Took my first wickets of the season on Sunday against a touring side in a friendly.

First one was an absolute pie of a delivery. Short of a length, pitching on leg - would have been a wide if the batsman hadn't had an almighty slog at it and nicked it ever so slightly. Keeper stuck out a giant left paw and caught it.

Cue the entire team erupting in laughter - shi*t takes wickets!

Ended up 3-45 from my spell of 5 overs. Expensive but plenty of room for improvement!

Tailendfielder

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #736 on: August 13, 2018, 06:26:59 PM »

I dont like bowlers

NT50

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #737 on: August 15, 2018, 02:11:20 PM »

Opposition conceded so once again got a game in the player pool. On arrival, skipper asked me whether I batted or bowled, said prefer a bat so fielded while the opposition were bowled out for just 42. Tea was decent but as I am going into the changing room assuming I am opening or going in 3, skipper tells me I am batting at 8.  In fairness, if he had put me at No.5, I wouldn't have got a bat as target was reached in less than 10 overs for the loss of just 2 wickets but that's one club I won't be pooling for again.

That skipper sounds like an (No Swearing Please)!

Warneymonster

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #738 on: August 15, 2018, 02:42:25 PM »

have finally found some form with the bat, last 4 games 96* 15* 70 & 58. its a shame my body is starting to fall apart towards the end of the season, knee looks like an elephants and back getting steadily worse.

only 5 or 6 games to go this year then I can get the knee sorted and rest my spine. most of it is my own fault for trying to play golf in the morning and cricket straight after

Seniorplayer

• Forum Legend
« Reply #739 on: August 15, 2018, 04:00:40 PM »

Opposition conceded so once again got a game in the player pool. On arrival, skipper asked me whether I batted or bowled, said prefer a bat so fielded while the opposition were bowled out for just 42. Tea was decent but as I am going into the changing room assuming I am opening or going in 3, skipper tells me I am batting at 8.  In fairness, if he had put me at No.5, I wouldn't have got a bat as target was reached in less than 10 overs for the loss of just 2 wickets but that's one club I won't be pooling for again.

Just wrong cllubs that  do that don't deserve guest players

mohawks94

• County 1st XI
« Reply #740 on: August 15, 2018, 08:09:28 PM »

Another duck and another loss, but a good 9 over spell and an absolute screamer at short fine leg for me last Saturday.

Wet wicket, batted 11, first ball kicked up and my back foot defensive ended up being spliced and caught by cover diving in. Opposition chased down our 168 in the 44th over of 45. We haven't won since June, last 3 weeks we have Haywards Heath, Three Bridges and Billingshurst, all of whom are well above us in the table, and we realistically need to win a couple of them as Bexhill play Lindfield this weekend and they are the two teams below us. I think the best result for us from that is Lindfield winning as they are 10th by a distance, whereas we are about 12 points above Bexhill.

Boondougal

• County 1st XI
« Reply #741 on: August 15, 2018, 08:44:43 PM »

45 players available for 2 games on a sat inweek 1 not including any proper juniors, 18 this week including a few playing their first game. Ridiculous levels of commitment, its not like people haven't had a game over the season as we have been good at sharing it out but just some people only want to play when it suits them. Frustrating

CasualSpinner

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #742 on: August 16, 2018, 08:09:41 AM »

Another duck and another loss, but a good 9 over spell and an absolute screamer at short fine leg for me last Saturday.

Wet wicket, batted 11, first ball kicked up and my back foot defensive ended up being spliced and caught by cover diving in. Opposition chased down our 168 in the 44th over of 45. We haven't won since June, last 3 weeks we have Haywards Heath, Three Bridges and Billingshurst, all of whom are well above us in the table, and we realistically need to win a couple of them as Bexhill play Lindfield this weekend and they are the two teams below us. I think the best result for us from that is Lindfield winning as they are 10th by a distance, whereas we are about 12 points above Bexhill.

I subscribe to the Three Bridges YouTube channel so i'll keep an eye out for you.  :D

Seniorplayer

• Forum Legend
« Reply #743 on: August 16, 2018, 03:41:36 PM »

Not playing this week  thumb on bottom hand bent backwards last Sat  by a vicious delivery  from the divisions quickest bowler can't hold the bat

Gurujames

• International Captain
« Reply #744 on: August 16, 2018, 05:06:05 PM »

The missus booked a few days always in Brighton so not playing this weekend. I did threaten to try and get a game in whilst down but that went down like a lead balloon. Not sure why, there was plenty of room in the car for my gear.

Neon Cricket

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
    • Neon Cricket
« Reply #745 on: August 17, 2018, 09:46:36 AM »

Sad state of affairs in the WEPL and Wilts league this week. Both the 1st XI (WEPL Prem 2) and 2nd XI (Wilts Div 4) have been cancelled due to the opposition not being able to raise a side.

Really does show what a state club cricket is in. The 1st XI opposition, Lechlade, were WEPL Prem 1 contenders up until recently - Gloucs' Jack Taylor has played for them for the past 2 seasons to put it in perspective!

Email: adam@neoncricket.co.uk
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram

thecord

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #746 on: August 17, 2018, 01:56:20 PM »

Sad state of affairs in the WEPL and Wilts league this week. Both the 1st XI (WEPL Prem 2) and 2nd XI (Wilts Div 4) have been cancelled due to the opposition not being able to raise a side.

Really does show what a state club cricket is in. The 1st XI opposition, Lechlade, were WEPL Prem 1 contenders up until recently - Gloucs' Jack Taylor has played for them for the past 2 seasons to put it in perspective!

What exactly has been going on at Lechlade recently, their social media has been particularly grim?!

Boondougal

• County 1st XI
« Reply #747 on: August 17, 2018, 02:05:45 PM »

45 players available for 2 games on a sat inweek 1 not including any proper juniors, 18 this week including a few playing their first game. Ridiculous levels of commitment, its not like people haven't had a game over the season as we have been good at sharing it out but just some people only want to play when it suits them. Frustrating

Not sure how but we have managed to field 22 players tomorrow in the end... real credit to the guys stepping in to play the game, amazing how people rally round.

Neon Cricket

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+2)
    • Neon Cricket
« Reply #748 on: August 17, 2018, 03:05:27 PM »

What exactly has been going on at Lechlade recently, their social media has been particularly grim?!

Quite a few things but can't really get into it on here, for what it's worth there's fault on both sides - just a shame to see clubs falling apart so easily in what are supposed to be established league systems (especially when you're talking about a league 1 below the highest amateur league in the South West!).
Email: adam@neoncricket.co.uk
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram

thecord

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #749 on: August 17, 2018, 06:17:41 PM »

Quite a few things but can't really get into it on here, for what it's worth there's fault on both sides - just a shame to see clubs falling apart so easily in what are supposed to be established league systems (especially when you're talking about a league 1 below the highest amateur league in the South West!).

Shame indeed, a lesson to us all
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 64

Advertise on CBF