Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 64

Author Topic: Your 2018 Season  (Read 49847 times)

Gurujames

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Your 2018 Season
« Reply #795 on: August 25, 2018, 08:56:59 PM »

Back to back wins for us may mean we can escape relegation in a fashion the frat Houdini would be prou d of. We hit 250/10 in 37 overs I got 79 caught at square leg after top edging a rank log hop - (No Swearing Please) certainly gets wickets.
We bowled the. Out for 150 odd. Would have been less but square leg didnt give his son out stumped when he clearly was. I was standing at point.
Thanks

ppccopener

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #796 on: August 25, 2018, 09:10:48 PM »

Lost today in the 45 over format but results our way and two wins out of the last 4 means we have avoided relegation which looked very likely half way thru so absolutely delighted and next week is the last league match we can play without pressure.

Personally a mixed season but more runs than last year by about 50 so I've got to be happy with that after carrying a couple injuries all season.

There's potentially a big move out of London and down South pending for the misses and I so if this was my last season of cricket in London I will leave happy the team remaind in division one and I played a relatively small but decent part of that.

Our thirds have gone up now as Champions as well that means next season 3 out of the 4 teams are in Div 1.

:)

Northern monkey

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #797 on: August 25, 2018, 09:11:49 PM »

Won today, this means we win the league
Been a real team win with everyone chipping in at important times through the season.
Was especially nice to win today, as the team we beat were a bunch of gobby idiots
Oxfordshire cricket bats

mohawks94

• County 1st XI
« Reply #798 on: August 25, 2018, 09:17:11 PM »

Another awful loss.

@CasualSpinner sorry to disappoint, but I got two fours and a wicket...

We were 170ao, I got 8, annoyed their skipper who was following through staring at me, set a field for a bumper before trying to york me which I drove through extra. Tracked him which earned a load of verbal for batting 11 in a team fighting relegation. Nicked off to be last out, tried to run a ball to third man that was too close and got a feather so walked, and received a send off and more verbals. I enjoyed winding their skipper up, yawning after he bounced me as he is an unpleasant piece of work.

Ther opener got an unbeaten 100, they chased our 170 in the 28th over. I got their overseas stumped at the start of my second over, pitched middle and spun past him as he advanced then just held the pose for his defensive shot whilst the keeper took the bails off. Opener then took me on a bit to say the least, probably went at 10s from my 3 overs but nobody came out of it with good figures.

Next week is most likely my last at Ansty, both teams at chalfont have been promoted and the chairman has asked me to go back now they're playing in a better division. I've enjoyed a year at Ansty but not worth the travel.

OwzatOllie

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #799 on: August 25, 2018, 09:17:34 PM »

Split my left index finger whilst taking a return throw in, and had to go off the field to fix it up.

Copped some chat with the bat, out for 0, fielding team behaving like a bunch of morons when celebrating, I gave them a piece of my mind and so did their own umpire!!

Refused to umpire with that bunch of idiots and shake hands at the end of the game.  I was a man of my word when I returned to the changing room about not doing it...

Some of you may call it unsportsmanlike, I don't care, because so is having the bowler run up in your face after getting you out. 

Ruined my weekend
Highest scores: 99, 95*, 64*, 59. Best bowling: 5-18, 4-2, 4-19

Northern monkey

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #800 on: August 25, 2018, 09:27:30 PM »

I think the amount of talentless idiots spouting their stupid comments seems to increase year after year
Oxfordshire cricket bats

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
« Reply #801 on: August 25, 2018, 09:53:43 PM »

Ghastly game today, played with no LBWs... and a chucker and a fair few tantrums!
Still we won the league.
And I think this was the first time I have played in a league winning cricket side.
Just looked up some stats, second time. But still all good.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 07:23:51 AM by Buzz »
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw.

RPC/Blueroom Cricket - Adie

• Forum Sponsor
  • Forum Legend
« Reply #802 on: August 25, 2018, 10:22:30 PM »

Split my left index finger whilst taking a return throw in, and had to go off the field to fix it up.

Copped some chat with the bat, out for 0, fielding team behaving like a bunch of morons when celebrating, I gave them a piece of my mind and so did their own umpire!!

Refused to umpire with that bunch of idiots and shake hands at the end of the game.  I was a man of my word when I returned to the changing room about not doing it...

Some of you may call it unsportsmanlike, I don't care, because so is having the bowler run up in your face after getting you out. 

Ruined my weekend

Glos is getting bad for verbals sadly and the leagues are doing nothing about it.

Timbo287

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #803 on: August 26, 2018, 07:08:25 AM »

Glos is getting bad for verbals sadly and the leagues are doing nothing about it.

I don't think its confined to Glos. We have played some right tools this year last week one of our bats hit a six and the keeper told him to f*** off. All leagues need to do something about player behaviour as its getting worse

Seniorplayer

• Forum Legend
« Reply #804 on: August 26, 2018, 08:02:49 AM »

I don't think its confined to Glos. We have played some right tools this year last week one of our bats hit a six and the keeper told him to f*** off. All leagues need to do something about player behaviour as its getting worse

They do but they won,t

Lumsden

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #805 on: August 26, 2018, 09:35:06 AM »

You can't get away with this in the York & District Senior Cricket League, especially in the higher divisions. Last season, they banned a lot of players for misbehaving and it's worked because there's only been a handful who have faced disciplinary action this summer. 

However I think you have to draw a clear distinction between verbal abuse and banter as I generally cop some because of how slow I score. Yesterday for instance, we batted first, I went in at No.4 and scratched around for about 15 overs that was obviously painful to watch. When it came for the opposition innings, one of their openers found batting equally as difficult and barely scored a run for 20 overs which prompted one of our players to chirp up, "Tim, this guy is nearly as boring as you".   

As for the game itself we scored 120-4 off 45 overs and bowled out opposition for 77.  Absolutely awful wicket, so slow that I (and nearly everyone else) couldn't time the ball.
Best Bowling: 7/39
Best Batting: 72no (yes honestly !!)

meats

• First XI Captain
« Reply #806 on: August 26, 2018, 01:49:38 PM »

Next week is most likely my last at Ansty, both teams at chalfont have been promoted and the chairman has asked me to go back now they're playing in a better division. I've enjoyed a year at Ansty but not worth the travel.

The 1s certainly won't be playing a better standard with the exception of against 2 or 3 sides. If you want a higher standard then you should join a Home Counties side, or an aspiring Home Counties club, play 2s to start with and get into 1s. Their 2s, and in some instances 3s, will be playing a higher standard than Chalfont next year in TVL.

mohawks94

• County 1st XI
« Reply #807 on: August 26, 2018, 05:30:36 PM »

I don't really know what my circumstances will be when I'm back from Aus, but the most likely scenario at present is living with my parents and playing at chalfont. I've considered Chesham, Amersham, Wycombe as potential home counties teams to join but not sure about any of them.

Novak

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #808 on: August 26, 2018, 05:57:55 PM »

What's been your reservations abt each

mohawks94

• County 1st XI
« Reply #809 on: August 26, 2018, 06:49:12 PM »

Had mixed reviews about dressing room atmosphere, closed shop first teams, and one of them a person who bullied me at school plays there, which I didn't know until I netted with them.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 64

Advertise on CBF