Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: Does anybody here suffer with ankylosing spondylitis or Psoriatic arthritis  (Read 656 times)

procricket

• International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+32)

I have been suffering no doubt and been taking Sulfasalazine for 6 months which caused me to stop playing for a while.

After a new diagnosis it been suggested i take a injection very periodically of Cosentyx which is pritty muxch every week.

I know it a long shot but does anybody on this forum suffer with any of the above or have any knowledge of Cosentyx.

I bascially want to play i have had 4 nets and bought a few bats however i visit the rhumalogist on the 28 and i want to be armed with question.

My main worry is my long term future and the effects as it will no doubt effect my job which i have 3 years to complete my 22 year contract.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:33:19 PM by procricket »
"Doubt whoever but never doubt yourself"

simonmay5

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+11)

Hi Dave I been taking sulfasalzaine for the last three years for Crohns so I know its got some quiet nasty side so feel for you their mate hopefully you will start to feel a lot better off the sulfasalazine

procricket

Thank you for the advice from a few here I'm starting on the Cosentyx and will hopefully be playing in May with a bit of luck when i arrive back up North.
@Biggie Smalls thank you for the advice mate made a world of difference and gave me a different mindset pal.
"Doubt whoever but never doubt yourself"

Biggie Smalls

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)

Awesome mate !
It's cool having you back on the forum and even better to think you'll be back playing soon .
I am 1 month into totally revamping my technique into being a backfoot batsman , due to my knees not coping with a front foot style ..... I've  got 5 months to get it right before the season . It's these kinds of  new challenges that can, ironically,  keep us in the game and not getting bored/tired - gives us goals to work towards .
When I have my moments of doubt and frustration I'll be thinking of all the guys in a similar position (you included) who are cracking on with it , and it will help to stay positive .
Best of luck with your health and  the start to the season! 

Advertise on CBF