Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: The Before/After Refurb thread.  (Read 9182 times)

Komdotkom

• Club Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Before/After Refurb thread.
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2019, 09:27:01 PM »

My current match bat now getting  some tlc. This was gifted to me by a current 1st class opening bat and its truly superb. However its sustained some damage to the toe and started to go through the back. Here it is in its current condition.

Glued with Gorilla glue, watered down to get right into the deepest part of the crack, and then normal consistency applied and crack opened as wide as possible with some leverage, clamped now and has been since Sunday until I get into my workshop
To sand and clean up

I like your helper, I have one too that loves to keep an eye on proceedings!
Good luck with the repair, those ones are tricky.

Mfarank

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2019, 05:24:24 AM »

My current match bat now getting  some tlc. This was gifted to me by a current 1st class opening bat and its truly superb. However its sustained some damage to the toe and started to go through the back. Here it is in its current condition.

Glued with Gorilla glue, watered down to get right into the deepest part of the crack, and then normal consistency applied and crack opened as wide as possible with some leverage, clamped now and has been since Sunday until I get into my workshop
To sand and clean up

Interestingly, i have a GM Neon 808 and it is going exactly the same way. Not quite there yet but i can already see a small crack forming through the toe exactly like this. Could it be a design thing? Using a mid/high sweetspot bat on low bounce wickets? Very interesting.

Mfarank

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2019, 05:31:35 AM »

Another couple of refurbs done on teammate's Macer Platinum gun and SG player edition. The SG also had edges delaminating and a lot of cracks on the edges. Very similar to how i have seen on most Ca bats recently. Flat face and dry willow maybe? The handle has got too much flex and i dont see it lasting very long. Always disappointed to see bats that cost a kidney and a spleen that behave this way.

The macer I quite liked. Be interesting to know who makes for them. Shoulders were quite similar to TK but the handle was thin and round.

SOULMAN1012

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+25)
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2019, 07:32:42 AM »

Interestingly, i have a GM Neon 808 and it is going exactly the same way. Not quite there yet but i can already see a small crack forming through the toe exactly like this. Could it be a design thing? Using a mid/high sweetspot bat on low bounce wickets? Very interesting.
[/quote

I believe square toe bats are slightly more susceptible to toe damage but most of the tracks we play on have a bit of bounce certainly our home deck, also I'm an opening bat so more balls certainly hit higher up the blade. All I know is I need to keep it going as long as possible so hopefully I can get the fix right

Komdotkom

« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2019, 09:25:52 PM »

Here it is finished, worked out ok and got the seal of approval from the cat. The owner gave it a thrashing in the nets and nothing fell off, with any luck it will make it through this season.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Advertise on CBF