Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cam's 2018 net footage  (Read 992 times)

richthekeeper

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Cam's 2018 net footage
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2018, 09:16:05 AM »

Not advice as such but you look a lot better when you play aggressively.

Whey you are blocking/defensive it feels like your hands are stuck to your waist and everything is a little jittery. When you play more aggressively your hands open up and you look much smoother.

agreed, Cam can look quite tentative when he chooses to defend.

maybe try to defend more aggressively? really commit to the defensive shot and play it with purpose in the same way as you play attacking shots

WalkingWicket37

• International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+26)
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2018, 09:31:14 AM »

Just a simple one - why does your trigger vary so much, is that a deliberate thing to different bowlers or anything like that?

I was facing an off spinner, a leg spinner and a seamer.
It may not have been a conscious decision, but I've got a feeling I trigger differently for different types of bowling.

agreed, Cam can look quite tentative when he chooses to defend.

maybe try to defend more aggressively? really commit to the defensive shot and play it with purpose in the same way as you play attacking shots

The danger of doing this is that I may start pushing at the ball again, I've spent a fair amount of time trying to defend with soft hands and don't want to fall back into bad habits. 

edge

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 09:48:11 AM »

I was facing an off spinner, a leg spinner and a seamer.
It may not have been a conscious decision, but I've got a feeling I trigger differently for different types of bowling.
Fair enough if that's the case, def worth having different methods for different types of bowler, but also def worth paying attention to if you're not doing it deliberately - could easily get you into trouble.
Pages: 1 [2]

Advertise on CBF