Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Storm Damage myth  (Read 1360 times)

JK Lewis

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Storm Damage myth
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 08:26:11 AM »

Would you say most of those cracks are about where the huge knot on the back is ? ....or are the  cracks a bit higher up ?

Most of them pretty much opposite the knot. Might be an influence? Not sure.

JK Lewis

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 08:30:06 AM »

Those cracks look quite ugly, are you using ghastly match  balls?

We use the Hunts County balls, as they are the league sponsor. They're ok, tend to lose shine and soften after 10-12 overs. I don't think the balls are to blame tbh, though of course I face them when new and hard. The cracks probably look worse then they are, and you know how i prefer not to use a scuff sheet.

tommo256

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 10:07:17 AM »

We use the Hunts County balls, as they are the league sponsor. They're ok, tend to lose shine and soften after 10-12 overs. I don't think the balls are to blame tbh, though of course I face them when new and hard. The cracks probably look worse then they are, and you know how i prefer not to use a scuff sheet.

Those balls are absolutely awful, I still remember a few years ago playing and they would only allow one of them balls per game! Ive seen more bats break in Sunday cricket with them balls than any other game
If you put men on the rope, bet you 100 quid I'll still take your right arm dross on!

Seniorplayer

• Forum Legend
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2018, 11:40:14 AM »

Balls yes there hadn't used to be any foriegn made lacquered balls cork wrapped in hand stitched leather which must  have been a factor  why bats rarely broke also lots of players only had butterfly's.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 11:43:10 AM by Seniorplayer »

JK Lewis

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 04:36:52 PM »

Those balls are absolutely awful, I still remember a few years ago playing and they would only allow one of them balls per game! Ive seen more bats break in Sunday cricket with them balls than any other game

We do get 2 per game now which is more expensive, but better. My bats don't break, but they do crack a bit. I don't mind really, these are tools right, so wear and tear seems acceptable. I also think that a cracked bat is rougher, and better for taking the shine off the ball.
Pages: 1 [2]

Advertise on CBF