Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: 2G Flicx Pitch  (Read 772 times)

Sitonit

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
2G Flicx Pitch
« on: June 01, 2018, 05:20:49 AM »

Hello,

Has anyone played on these pitches? I am looking to buy one and wondering how is the bounce like when placed on grass, and how is the over all quality?

http://www.flicx.co.uk/

Thanks

tushar sehgal

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+8)
Re: 2G Flicx Pitch
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 12:54:56 PM »

They are ok but chew up the ball, if its wet you'll slip on the mat and if you wear spikes you run the risk of getting stuck...

we used these for years, you have to nail these down or the ball doesn't bounce...and it is very heavy...

Sitonit

• County 1st XI
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 03:07:58 PM »

They are ok but chew up the ball, if its wet you'll slip on the mat and if you wear spikes you run the risk of getting stuck...

we used these for years, you have to nail these down or the ball doesn't bounce...and it is very heavy...

Thanks for the great feedback.
How do you nail them down? Like, you gotta make it really glue it to the ground? And what did you guys use for nailing? Are there any special pegs?

tushar sehgal

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 03:46:28 PM »

Ours was on what used to be a natural turf with no grass, years prior we used to nail down the jute matt and we used the same nails..I suspect it wont be as bad on the ball if you are putting it down on grass as the grass blades with poke through the holes....

In terms of how tightly its nailed i would say thighter the better...bulges result it tennis ball like bounce...

Sitonit

• County 1st XI
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 03:58:08 PM »

Ours was on what used to be a natural turf with no grass, years prior we used to nail down the jute matt and we used the same nails..I suspect it wont be as bad on the ball if you are putting it down on grass as the grass blades with poke through the holes....

In terms of how tightly its nailed i would say thighter the better...bulges result it tennis ball like bounce...

Tushar,

I think you are U.S., based, correct?
Did you guys eventually get rid of it?
I am wondering if there is a way to add or remove tiles/pieces in it after the continuous bowler's marks loosen up some tiles?

tushar sehgal

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 04:24:39 PM »

Tushar,

I think you are U.S., based, correct?
Did you guys eventually get rid of it?
I am wondering if there is a way to add or remove tiles/pieces in it after the continuous bowler's marks loosen up some tiles?

Canada based, it was a more than a few years ago that we gave it away but if i recall correctly yes there is a way to swap out tiles/patches. In the 5-6 years we had it, we only had to do one repair/swap. Around the year 2010 is when we decided to pour concrete and install astroturf as we can just leave that setup outside all year long so these might have changed since my use

tushar sehgal

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 04:27:28 PM »

This is going to sound silly but the guy who installed it tied really good quality twine on the tiles where the bowlers land, we actually had some loose tiles at the good length area because the city mower foolish drove right over the pitch but we were able  fix it,,,i wasn't involved with the fix so don't remember much

Sitonit

• County 1st XI
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 05:31:42 AM »

OK sounds great.
I am buying half of this pitch to be put in a completly enclosed batting cage in my back yard where I will mostly practice against bowling machine that can hold 50 balls.

I have to see if dimple balls actually work since this pitch may have a coarse surface, if not, I am thinking of these balls. They have more of a smoother and slick surface than a dimple ball, and hopefully will skid better.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AV90C/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=A1514RGNPVO6N0&psc=1

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 06:00:42 AM »

I think it would be perfect for that, bowling machine balls will be fine
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw

Sitonit

• County 1st XI
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 01:32:05 PM »

I think it would be perfect for that, bowling machine balls will be fine

Thanks!
Gives me a little more confidence that it will be a successful campaign.

The goal is to pass on the cricket bug into my kids who are more into baseball due to how it gets promoted and marketed here in the U.S.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 01:33:56 PM by Sitonit »

tejasapatel

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »

Thanks!
Gives me a little more confidence that it will be a successful campaign.

The goal is to pass on the cricket bug into my kids who are more into baseball due to how it gets promoted and marketed here in the U.S.

Where are you located?

If in the US how are you getting this shipped over?
To me, it doesn't matter how good you are. Sport is all about playing and competing. Whatever you do in cricket and in sport, enjoy it, be positive and try to win.

- Ian Botham

Sitonit

• County 1st XI
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 06:52:58 AM »

Where are you located?

If in the US how are you getting this shipped over?

I am U.S. based.
Shipping for half a pitch is about 150 quids - which is not really bad. However, the quoted price for half a pitch is a lot higher than I anticipated. Its about 2200.

I am arriving into London tomorrow and plan to visit them and see exactly what am I getting? And if its worth that much?

Advertise on CBF