Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: New Balance spike sizing  (Read 657 times)

mohawks94

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
New Balance spike sizing
« on: July 01, 2018, 06:56:01 PM »

How do NB spike sizes compare to other brands?

My overseas club plays some games on synthetic so I am looking at NB rubber spikes, but have never used them before. Am also looking at new spikes as well as mine are getting on a bit.

http://www.romida.co.uk/new-balance-ck10-shoe-3256.html These in blue and http://www.romida.co.uk/new-balance-ck4020-rubber-shoe-2310.html

I use Asics spikes at the moment and they are a good fitting size 11 for reference.

Cheers.

KettonJake

• County 2nd XI
Re: New Balance spike sizing
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 07:07:42 PM »

Youll need a size up compared to ASICS generally, you might get away with 11.5 but Id say 12. Youll then run into the unusual sizing quirk with NB that once you go above 11 then they only do half sizes. 11, 11.5, 12.5, 13.5 etc

mohawks94

• County 1st XI
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 09:56:38 PM »

Seem to have found that quirk already, can only find 11 and then up to 12.5, nothing in between!

jjelricksmith

• First XI Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 08:55:33 AM »

Go half a size up, I used the asics gel lyte 3 last year but started with a pair of NB this year i got on sale at pro direct. Took the same size and they really started off too tight length wise but after 5/6 wears they were ok and now fit perfectly, id say if you went up half a size you wouldnt have those few weeks of sore toes.

mohawks94

• County 1st XI
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 03:34:15 PM »

Went to Romida and tried size 11s on and they fitted perfectly. I was surprised, but I hardly noticed any difference between them and my asics.

jjelricksmith

• First XI Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 09:50:01 AM »

On the note of new balance, i purchased a pair of CK10 from pro direct for 42 at the start of the season as i said above, reduced from 95,  and they've already split on the bottom of the sole. Would not recommend. Back to asics for me.

Six Sixes Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+19)
    • Six Sixes Cricket Ltd
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 10:26:33 AM »

On the note of new balance, i purchased a pair of CK10 from pro direct for 42 at the start of the season as i said above, reduced from 95,  and they've already split on the bottom of the sole. Would not recommend. Back to asics for me.
Shoes do split, return them for replacement or refund

jjelricksmith

• First XI Captain
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 11:30:13 AM »

Shoes do split, return them for replacement or refund

I've emailed in but ive played a lot of cricket this year more than ive played in the 3 seasons before already so could just be wear and tear with small factory error.

Advertise on CBF