How sarg does his "shoegoo varnish" thingy on toes
Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How sarg does his "shoegoo varnish" thingy on toes  (Read 859 times)

Mattsky

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • "Cricket was my reason for living." Harold Larwood
Re: How sarg does his "shoegoo varnish" thingy on toes
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 02:44:10 PM »

1 more vote for shoe goo. Muchmore resilient than a toe guard.
You can always use masking tape before you put the goo on, leave it for a minute, and then peel it away to leave a nice sharp edge.
Oh, be very careful about ingesting that stuff. The tube I have is labelled as a likely carcigonen.
Keep a small bit of water handy to smooth the goo with. I'd avise not to keep licking your finger.  :o
"The only thing I've ever been interested in teaching anyone in life is cricket."
Peter O' Toole

sarg

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • CricketBatInfo
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 12:07:18 AM »

I know someone who over the years has eaten about 2kgs of the stuff , finger licking good , it is the best protection for your bats toe bu far , now marc @sarg , do you prefer to oil or wax  a bat , that is another question for you to share your knowledge on ???

I always oil if knocking. All exposed willow and toe. twice lightly 24-48 hours apart.

i don't mind bat wax after the knock for maintenance, but a little Hyfen jeweller's polish is what i use after a knock on my polishing wheel. You will find many use it. gives a very smooth clear showroom finish.
Don't ask me how much each run costs me....

sarg

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 12:10:31 AM »

1 more vote for shoe goo. Muchmore resilient than a toe guard.
You can always use masking tape before you put the goo on, leave it for a minute, and then peel it away to leave a nice sharp edge.
Oh, be very careful about ingesting that stuff. The tube I have is labelled as a likely carcigonen.
Keep a small bit of water handy to smooth the goo with. I'd avise not to keep licking your finger.  :o

No one should lick my fingers. Good tip!
Don't ask me how much each run costs me....
Pages: 1 [2]

Advertise on CBF