Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]

Author Topic: Your 2018 Season  (Read 19645 times)

rickjames

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Your 2018 Season
« Reply #525 on: July 15, 2018, 07:59:37 PM »

Why did I agree to play today? God it's hot

NT50

• First XI Captain
« Reply #526 on: July 15, 2018, 09:41:51 PM »

Got asked (forced) to keep today (despite my protests) as the only competent bloke with the gloves (this was only the third time i've done it, god knows how my new Sunday team coped before i started!)

We shipped 206 in 45 overs, didn't have any chances behind the stumps, and conceded 9 byes which was a bit annoying given i only let 1 past last week. Most of which were towards the back end of the innings when i refused to dive for anything that was so wide it warranted it. Was about 30 degrees and i honestly couldn't have dived if i'd wanted to, my legs were jelly towards the end. Their opener batted without a helmet and tried to sweep our medium pacer, resulting in a cut to the eyebrow, still shuddering thinking about what could have happened had it been our quicker bowler.

We chased the 207 down inside 30 overs for 3 wickets, after our openers put on 160. Was down to bat 6 so had my pads on but didn't get in.

Becoming a bit disillusioned with cricket and have been for the past month or so to be completely honest, despite both my teams being on a winning run. Haven't really been given a go with the bat, and whenever i do, i get stitched up by the pitch ala yesterday, or our top order bat so well i'm not needed, only to be shunted down the order the next week. Shouldn't really be complaining given our winning runs, but ultimately i don't play cricket to watch other people bat or bowl, if it continues another few weeks i'll probably give up for the season i imagine.

prim0pyr0

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #527 on: July 15, 2018, 11:07:31 PM »

Got asked (forced) to keep today (despite my protests) as the only competent bloke with the gloves (this was only the third time i've done it, god knows how my new Sunday team coped before i started!)

We shipped 206 in 45 overs, didn't have any chances behind the stumps, and conceded 9 byes which was a bit annoying given i only let 1 past last week. Most of which were towards the back end of the innings when i refused to dive for anything that was so wide it warranted it. Was about 30 degrees and i honestly couldn't have dived if i'd wanted to, my legs were jelly towards the end. Their opener batted without a helmet and tried to sweep our medium pacer, resulting in a cut to the eyebrow, still shuddering thinking about what could have happened had it been our quicker bowler.

We chased the 207 down inside 30 overs for 3 wickets, after our openers put on 160. Was down to bat 6 so had my pads on but didn't get in.

Becoming a bit disillusioned with cricket and have been for the past month or so to be completely honest, despite both my teams being on a winning run. Haven't really been given a go with the bat, and whenever i do, i get stitched up by the pitch ala yesterday, or our top order bat so well i'm not needed, only to be shunted down the order the next week. Shouldn't really be complaining given our winning runs, but ultimately i don't play cricket to watch other people bat or bowl, if it continues another few weeks i'll probably give up for the season i imagine.

Join t20 team? Everyone gets out, everyone gets to bat

Lumsden

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #528 on: July 15, 2018, 11:21:40 PM »

Back skippering my Sunday side but lost a very good game. Restricted opposition to just 119 off 40 overs on what initially looked like a road but turned out to be quite tricky to bat on. In reply I thought we were crusing at 60-3 but the opposition spinner who came on first change wreaked havoc and we ended up 96 all out. For the second week running, I went in at No.11 (this time my own choice) and with our best batsman still at the other end, I was confident that we could knock these runs off. However, I think he let his concentration drift as the aforementioned spinner had just completed his 8 over spell and he was immediately out caught and bowled by the chap who replaced him.

Incidentally, the opposition opening bowler is 82 years old and bowled 8 overs straight through and finished with figures of 8 overs, 22 runs for 1 wicket. This was on the back of bowling 10 overs yesterday !!!!
Best Bowling: 7/39
Best Batting: 72no (yes honestly !!)

mohawks94

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #529 on: Yesterday at 11:10:17 AM »

Winning draw Saturday, batted first and got 255/7 from 52 declared. Didn't bat, got about 10 overs pad rash as I was next in. Bowled well, they clung on 9 down for 211 from 48. Couple of missed chances that cost us. Personally bowled well but figures don't show it, 8/2/50/1, had nobody off the square so any decent hit flew away. Wicket was caught at mid off.

Yesterday with frogs we bowled first, oppo set 192 to win. Bowled 3/0/16/0 at the death, drop off my bowling. I dropped one running round in the last over, but fielded well otherwise. Was down to bat 4 but didn't get in, one opener got 102 and the other 50* with a 4 to seal the win and get to 50. 32 overs padded up ready, but a good team performance and nice to enjoy watching team mates batting well.

Making my debut for Sussex Cougars (uni alumni) tomorrow at Brackley CC.

Scorecard from Ansty 2s Saturday was interesting...

http://anstycc.play-cricket.com/website/results/3313229

meats

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #530 on: Yesterday at 11:37:26 AM »

Winning draw Saturday, batted first and got 255/7 from 52 declared. Didn't bat, got about 10 overs pad rash as I was next in. Bowled well, they clung on 9 down for 211 from 48. Couple of missed chances that cost us. Personally bowled well but figures don't show it, 8/2/50/1, had nobody off the square so any decent hit flew away. Wicket was caught at mid off.

Yesterday with frogs we bowled first, oppo set 192 to win. Bowled 3/0/16/0 at the death, drop off my bowling. I dropped one running round in the last over, but fielded well otherwise. Was down to bat 4 but didn't get in, one opener got 102 and the other 50* with a 4 to seal the win and get to 50. 32 overs padded up ready, but a good team performance and nice to enjoy watching team mates batting well.

Thought you were going back to Chalfont?

If it's Brackley in Cherwell league (Northants) then pull out! Unless it's improved recently it's a horrible place to play cricket.

richthekeeper

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #531 on: Yesterday at 11:52:21 AM »

Back skippering my Sunday side but lost a very good game. Restricted opposition to just 119 off 40 overs on what initially looked like a road but turned out to be quite tricky to bat on. In reply I thought we were crusing at 60-3 but the opposition spinner who came on first change wreaked havoc and we ended up 96 all out. For the second week running, I went in at No.11 (this time my own choice) and with our best batsman still at the other end, I was confident that we could knock these runs off. However, I think he let his concentration drift as the aforementioned spinner had just completed his 8 over spell and he was immediately out caught and bowled by the chap who replaced him.

Incidentally, the opposition opening bowler is 82 years old and bowled 8 overs straight through and finished with figures of 8 overs, 22 runs for 1 wicket. This was on the back of bowling 10 overs yesterday !!!!

this is why I love cricket!

richthekeeper

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #532 on: Yesterday at 11:53:52 AM »

Interesting from the point of view of 68 extras...

mohawks94

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #533 on: Yesterday at 02:32:27 PM »

Thought you were going back to Chalfont?

If it's Brackley in Cherwell league (Northants) then pull out! Unless it's improved recently it's a horrible place to play cricket.

Decided to stick with Ansty, getting more of a game now.

Yeah it's Brackley Northants, hopefully it has improved!

mohawks94

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #534 on: Yesterday at 02:33:15 PM »

Interesting from the point of view of 68 extras...

Apparently apart from Hadders and Meg all the bowlers were spraying it about so the keeper hadn't got a chance on a lot of them.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]

Advertise on CBF