Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: Lid Gap  (Read 496 times)

Novak

• Club Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
Lid Gap
« on: August 08, 2018, 03:54:53 PM »

Have been reading how it took Cook quite a while to adjust to the new regulation and the lid gap and he was trying to find a solution

I believe 45mm is the regulation these days or there abouts

However a few years ago 5 years ago etc what was the average lid gap on a helmet

Cook talks about his vision was slightly impaired with new lid so seeing the ball slightly late

Obviously one gets used to the lid regulations but just wondered on average what was the gap in mm a few years ago before the regulations came in place ...was it 60mm or more ?

Ayrtek Cricket

• Forum Sponsor
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • www.AyrtekCricket.com
    • Ayrtek Cricket
Re: Lid Gap
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 05:14:07 PM »

55-60mm...some county players wanted it bigger at 70-75mm.

WalkingWicket37

• International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+26)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 10:09:46 PM »

I played against a bloke the other week who had a new style Masuri from sports direct.

Because he didn't like the gap being so small he'd cut the whole top bar off! That was an accident waiting to happen...

Novak

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 08:11:24 AM »

It's a shame the new lid is forcing ppl to take more unsafe measures that was not the idea ...

SD

• First XI Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 05:08:23 PM »

Agreed.  I can see adopting minimum standards for child sizes, but given that adults in the amateur game don't have to wear one at all, it is senseless to adopt standards that make it more likely that adults won't wear on at all because they don't like the restriction on their vision.  It also increases the likelihood of players wearing old helmets that should be replaced. 

Advertise on CBF