Advertise on CBF

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rolling Stones Legend  (Read 1843 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mattsky

  • County 1st XI
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 627
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • "Cricket was my reason for living." Harold Larwood
Rolling Stones Legend
« on: September 07, 2018, 01:46:53 PM »

I guess most of us have seen this collaboration involving the cricket-loving Stones, Gray Nics & Pro Direct.

Now available at a mere snip...

https://www.prodirectcricket.com/products/Cricket-Bats-Gray-Nicolls-'The-Legend'-Rolling-Stones-Cricket-Bat-Black-Elite-189449.aspx

Who's going to be first then?  :D
Logged
"The only thing I've ever been interested in teaching anyone in life is cricket."
Peter O' Toole

Neon Cricket

  • Forum Sponsor
  • International Captain
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2269
  • Trade Count: (+2)
    • Neon Cricket
Re: Rolling Stones Legend
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 01:55:43 PM »

1500?!? Do they think the public are that much of a mug?

What a joke. Expected better from GN tbh.

stevat

  • County 2nd XI
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 450
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rolling Stones Legend
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 02:26:58 PM »

1500?!? Do they think the public are that much of a mug?

What a joke. Expected better from GN tbh.

Not sure they would establish the price - would imagine that would be left to the retail arm of the collaboration.  Insane pricing though, I'm not sure how many have been made but that effectively prices 99% of people out of that bat, and in the other 1% you'll have to find someone who doesn't think that's a rip-off, or doesn't mind that it's a rip-off.
Logged

hammersjr

  • Club Cricketer
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 144
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rolling Stones Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 02:43:41 PM »

I cant imagine who would ever buy one of these?!
Logged

bigc92

  • Club Cricketer
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rolling Stones Legend
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 03:02:09 PM »

They have sold out of medium weights...
Logged

Mattsky

  • County 1st XI
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 627
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • "Cricket was my reason for living." Harold Larwood
Re: Rolling Stones Legend
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 03:41:38 PM »

It's probably Jagger.  :D
Logged
"The only thing I've ever been interested in teaching anyone in life is cricket."
Peter O' Toole

SOULMAN1012

  • World Cup Winner
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4574
  • Trade Count: (+25)
Re: Rolling Stones Legend
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 04:11:10 PM »

Ill wait until appears in the sale weekend with 30% off be a bargain then lol.

Cant you do a GN factory tour ( captains experience) for 800 odd and get any GN bat included made to your exact specs
Logged

Neon Cricket

Re: Rolling Stones Legend
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 05:30:51 PM »

Not sure they would establish the price - would imagine that would be left to the retail arm of the collaboration.  Insane pricing though, I'm not sure how many have been made but that effectively prices 99% of people out of that bat, and in the other 1% you'll have to find someone who doesn't think that's a rip-off, or doesn't mind that it's a rip-off.

Its exclusive to PDC, theyll have a say in the pricing - I get the exclusivity side but its just taking the Mick Jagger charging that much for me

Mattsky

  • County 1st XI
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 627
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • "Cricket was my reason for living." Harold Larwood
Re: Rolling Stones Legend
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 07:09:25 PM »

Logged
"The only thing I've ever been interested in teaching anyone in life is cricket."
Peter O' Toole

Mfarank

  • First XI Captain
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 177
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rolling Stones Legend
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 11:32:54 AM »

1500 pounds. Umm no thanks
Logged

Ayrtek Cricket

  • Forum Sponsor
  • International Superstar
  • *****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 13681
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • www.AyrtekCricket.com
    • Ayrtek Cricket
Re: Rolling Stones Legend
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 08:55:50 PM »

I think this is more of a collectors item than one for your kit bag, Id see the value at 1500 if the Stones had signed them all individually but that some mark up!

Calzehbhoy

  • International Captain
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1821
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rolling Stones Legend
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 06:31:44 AM »

That PDC stamp on the edge is terrible!!
Logged

Cholrudee

  • Village Cricketer
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rolling Stones Legend
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 06:44:51 AM »

Logged

liscon12

  • International Captain
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 1492
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rolling Stones Legend
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 11:27:53 AM »

Are we maybe forgetting that there's way more Rolling Stones fans than cricket gear geeks and the bat maybe appeals to them more. I bet some people are crazy about the Rolling Stones and would pay anything for one off memorabilia....just a thought
Logged
Best Bowling: 7-22        Top Score: 54

SAFC2403

  • First XI Captain
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 153
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Rolling Stones Legend
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 11:20:08 AM »

Rediculous that.

Absolute madness for a cricket bat.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2
 

Advertise on CBF