Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: GM 2019  (Read 2464 times)

LDifa

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: GM 2019
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2018, 10:19:55 PM »

Edward thank you for sharing the info and also your time to provide info on here.

I grew up with GM, they / you are a fantastic manufacturer you are.  And English!

Machine consitency with hand finishing = great.

My first proper adult bat was an Apex 808 - just love it.

Novak

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2018, 08:44:50 AM »

Edward how long should it take a chrome to open up fully with 2018 pressing .

After much netting still doesn't feel open .

The fact it will be a long term bat is no issue and fulfills a purpose for training but do some bats of yours reallly open up after a very long time

909 chrome

stevat

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2018, 10:49:36 AM »

The fact it will be a long term bat is no issue and fulfills a purpose for training but do some bats of yours reallly open up after a very long time

909 chrome

A few years ago I had a Luna 808 that took ages to open up.  I took the risky decision of offering it up to team mates in nets - yeah, have a go, see what you think - in order to expedite the process.  By the time it did open up, about 6 or 7 months of solid use in nets (and 1 game near the start when it patently wasn't ready) it was splendid and went like a rocket thereafter, great stick.

Timbo287

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2018, 12:09:52 PM »

Im hoping the maestro will be available over here. I would like to see a modernised version of the purist as well

SOULMAN1012

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (+25)
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2018, 05:45:41 PM »

909 chrome

This season I used a Neon Singature as my match bat all season, however it was my net bat last year which I normally net once a week with against a bola machine for about 30-40 mins so i reckon it was used solely in the nets for approx 7/8 hrs. When it came to this season I had full confidence it was fully knocked in and has been superb from ball one.

I followed the same process last season when I used a Chrome all season and that had been my net bat. This now tends to be my way of deciding my match bat. I have used a new bat every season for as long as I can remember however this may be the first time that my current GM Neon remains my No1 bat although i do have 2 more Neons that have been net bats this season.

GM have certainly improved the pressing over the past few years but like any bat takes a while to get really good.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Advertise on CBF