Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Aldred bats  (Read 2779 times)

LEACHY48

Re: Aldred bats
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2018, 01:02:28 AM »

@jjelricksmith

Maybe best in future to have your bats refurbed by Paul himself.

why? tom refurbing it has absolutely nothing to do with how the bat was made in the first place? tom does a great job cleaning bats up.

SD

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2018, 01:40:14 PM »

I have 3 bats sat behind me on my office, all from different brands and all exactly the same blade length.  I don't see that a tolerance of the margin here is acceptable on a hand made bat, least not from someone who constantly puts the boot into other companies for the quality of what they produce

bigc92

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2018, 04:33:46 PM »

I have 3 bats sat behind me on my office, all from different brands and all exactly the same blade length.  I don't see that a tolerance of the margin here is acceptable on a hand made bat, least not from someone who constantly puts the boot into other companies for the quality of what they produce

Couldnt agree more.

Yorkershire

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2018, 05:16:53 PM »

... least not from someone who constantly puts the boot into other companies for the quality of what they produce

This

Main issue for me , else I'd be more forgiving...

Sitonit

• County 1st XI
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2018, 01:41:29 AM »

If the overall bat size is correct then there may be small tolerance between handle and blade sizes, however the point here I think is that the bat itself is overall shorter and therefore not a sh bat, its a ssh length bat or a Harrow length bat.

I think I agree.

For me personally, the first sign of a harrow bat is its face width - if its 106 or 104 mm then I dont care whats the total length of the bat, its not for me.

If the face width is 108 mm then I am ok with a little bit of tolerance in the length.

Wickets-then-runs

• County 1st XI
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2018, 01:19:23 PM »

I havent seen may (if any) complain about the quality of his bats or the way they perform but rather about his sometimes over-zealous slating of other makers or the te hniques they choose to use. Lead with your chin and it will get hit occasionally.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Advertise on CBF