Advertise on CBF

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: In the market for a new thigh Pad  (Read 1696 times)

Dedman95

• Village Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
In the market for a new thigh Pad
« on: December 05, 2018, 07:05:57 PM »

Alright guys. My Aero p1 have died on me looking at getting a new thigh pad. Was looking a a Remfry but the shipping to the uk a bit to much . Anyone used stretton fox ? Or anyone got any other recommendations. Thanks

DorsetDan

• International Captain
Re: In the market for a new thigh Pad
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 07:19:14 PM »

Remfry are not what you would call aesthetic (to but the build quality mildly) and the Stretton Fox's are infinitely better in my humble opinion in terms of quality and also customisation.

It would be an easy choice for me of those two...

What did/ didn't you like about the P1's?

In the process of trying to work out what shape Strettons to get I actually bought some oversized P2's and cut them up and restitched the whole thing to improve the coverage, particularly on the inner thigh. Custom Aero like this could be a cheapskate option :)

There is a monster thigh pad thread on here that someone may be able to track down for you but I've failed :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:23:13 PM by DorsetDan »

Shiva_ruxin

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 07:41:35 PM »

If you can wait until next year I believe that George from Stretton Fox is currently working on a new type of Stretton thigh pad that would be half the price of the current offering. He told me that they'd be coming to retail some time in 2019.

edge

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 07:42:12 PM »

Supposedly new super thin off the shelf Stretton's coming next year, my Aeros have finally reached the point where washing no longer removes the smell so I'm tempted to wait for them... Though as ever with Stretton and new products, who knows if/when they'll materialise.

Edit, beaten to it ^
HS: 156, BB: 7-20

Shiva_ruxin

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 07:45:37 PM »

Yeah I believe the new Stretton's are currently taking over George's life as I've put in an order for a custom set and it's around a 6-7 week lead time atm, although I'm still in the template sizing process.

Dedman95

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 07:49:31 PM »

Yeah I did like my aero p1 they served me well. Them new stretton fox sound good is there any information on them yet or is it just rumours?

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 07:50:22 PM »

If you can wait until next year I believe that George from Stretton Fox is currently working on a new type of Stretton thigh pad that would be half the price of the current offering. He told me that they'd be coming to retail some time in 2019.

I think I right in saying more of a P2 rival than P1 and standard sizes initially from when I last enquired

edge

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 08:03:36 PM »

Yeah I did like my aero p1 they served me well. Them new stretton fox sound good is there any information on them yet or is it just rumours?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmqIWmgAZ0q/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=17funrkenr6l3
HS: 156, BB: 7-20

Dedman95

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 08:06:10 PM »

Thanks for that mate

InternalTraining

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 08:13:59 PM »

He told me that they'd be coming to retail some time in 2019.

His revolutionary leg pads (and gloves?) were supposed to hit the market sometime in the past (?) but never materialized.

His shoe-insert/toe-guard was supposed to make our lives better but the product never saw the light of day, I think. Any one using them?

Buy an off the shelf thigh guard and be done with it. Aeros are a great product and so under rated.

Kanak

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 08:15:36 PM »

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 09:01:22 PM »

"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw.

Gurujames

• International Captain
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 09:14:13 PM »

I have an Adidas one which was about 20. And Ive used it once as I dont wear a thigh pad. They all seem the same to me and I think they are much of a muchness just with different branding.
The Remfreys and Strettons are different, the others to my very uneducated mind appear all the same. 

jonny77

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 09:37:40 PM »

Would definitely look at the new Stretton Fox offering when available, looks interesting. I use the Aero P2 and it's more than up to the job.

jonny77

• County 2nd XI
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 09:39:24 PM »

His revolutionary leg pads (and gloves?) were supposed to hit the market sometime in the past (?) but never materialized.

His shoe-insert/toe-guard was supposed to make our lives better but the product never saw the light of day, I think. Any one using them?

Buy an off the shelf thigh guard and be done with it. Aeros are a great product and so under rated.

Not a big fan of someone trying to bring new, innovative products to the game then?  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3

Advertise on CBF