Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Batting glove weight database  (Read 2181 times)

JB

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Batting glove weight database
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 08:34:01 PM »

Im not that fussed about pad weight either really, all about what I feel comfortable in over anything else. Also like them to look nice, if I didnt I shouldnt really be a forum member

SD

• County 1st XI
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 11:47:58 PM »

For me, pad weight has always been of negligible concern - it is the feel of the pad that determines whether it is right for me and generally I can wear any pair of pads without significant complaint - whereas the weight is an issue when it comes to gloves.   It seems to be bother me more than the weight of the bat that i am using 

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2018, 08:59:37 AM »

I am totally the opposite, light pads mean (I think) I can move my feet faster.

I have always been agnostic on weight of gloves
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw.

edge

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 04:44:47 AM »

Not to cause a downer on the thread, but does 100g across a pair of gloves really make that much difference to anyone?

For reference I weighed mine and they come in at 370g, but it's such small amounts of weight we're talking it all seems a bit pointless (especially comparing Youth sized to Adult size?!)
I'm a bit late to the party here, and I'll admit that I've never personally thought about comparing glove weight other than that one reason I don't like sausage gloves is the clumpy feel from the extra weight in the fingers... but think of that hypothetical extra 100g another way - it's an extra 3.5oz of weight to swing around! I reckon you'd notice that much difference quite easily. Judging by the weights posted so far though, if you stick with either sausage or split then the differences are well below 100g.
HS: 156, BB: 7-20
Pages: 1 [2]

Advertise on CBF