Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: GM Diamond Ben Stokes Player Edition  (Read 7629 times)

AJ2014

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: GM Diamond Ben Stokes Player Edition
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2019, 07:54:39 AM »

Right...

Dilemma!

Had my last indoor net today and after a couple of crap nets went back to my faithful CF and had my best net in a long while. I put it down to it being 1.5oz lighter than the Stokes

Questions is... do I -

1) sell the Stokes (used in 1 net session at probably a 100 loss)

2) get 1.5oz removed?

3) persevere and hopefully I’ll get used to the extra 1.5oz as it could possibly just be in my head?

Cheers
Weight reduction, that should be fine then, if still not to your liking then you can still sell it for whatever loss  most likely you'll use it, if not as a match bat, in the nets, I'm sure you will enjoy it not regret it
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 07:59:24 AM by AJ2014 »

alexhilly1492

• International Captain
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2019, 07:56:27 AM »

isnt 1.5oz quite a substantial amount of wood?

id say try and get used to it?

how many grips do you use? if its one try adding a second (i find a thicker handle helps a bat seem lighter!)
HS: 61*
BB: 7-4-9-5, 7.3-0-29-5

jayralh

• First XI Captain
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2019, 08:02:30 AM »

I got 2 bats for this season. One is under 2.10 other is over 2.12. I was selling heavier one but after playing around with handle and few other things it came up so balanced that I kept it. And used it yesterday in practice match and felt perfect in hands.
My point is try to change grips etc and you might find it's right for you. I got used to my bat with 2oz difference as long as it felt right.

Seniorplayer

• Forum Legend
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2019, 08:08:41 AM »

I recently bought a GM Noir Original LE but Im a bit worried to play with it . Ive knocked it in for like 4 hours but when I ping it with a ball I seem to get seam indentations . Is there anything I can do about this as I dont want to crack the bat ?

I would continue to knock your bat in until ball indentations cease to appear.

KW9221

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2019, 01:33:01 PM »

I got 2 bats for this season. One is under 2.10 other is over 2.12. I was selling heavier one but after playing around with handle and few other things it came up so balanced that I kept it. And used it yesterday in practice match and felt perfect in hands.
My point is try to change grips etc and you might find it's right for you. I got used to my bat with 2oz difference as long as it felt right.
I used to think the same but I used 2.11.5 for one full season and it has caused me to have tennis elbow. I cant bat long due to this excruciating pain.

adb club cricketer

• County 1st XI
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2019, 02:32:07 PM »

Even 0.5 oz is guite a difference  if one is not strong enough. I have tried many times but found that I just can't bat properly with a bat even 0.5 oz heavier than my usual bat weight. About adding second grip to make it balanced, I also find it only helps pickup for straight bat shots somewhat (not fully) but the added weight shows in cross bat shots. The weight difference feels even more uncomfortable the longer one plays into the innings. So it all depends on ones strength. Stronger guys - I am sure cant even notice difference in 2 oz weight :)

KW9221

• County 1st XI
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2019, 10:30:46 PM »

Yesterday, I received my first GM player bat. All I can say is I am very impressed with the feel and ping. Definitely one of the best bats I have owned. I just love thick oval handles.

Bwcc

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2019, 11:14:10 PM »

Even 0.5 oz is guite a difference  if one is not strong enough.
You do realise that 0.5 oz is 15g? Googled quickly so may be wrong but 15g is about the weight of a cd/dvd.
If people can actually tell the difference between 2.9 and 2.9.5 Id be amazed I know the pros cant

prim0pyr0

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2019, 07:56:25 AM »

You do realise that 0.5 oz is 15g? Googled quickly so may be wrong but 15g is about the weight of a cd/dvd.
If people can actually tell the difference between 2.9 and 2.9.5 Id be amazed I know the pros cant

15g on a 28" lever(ie on end of bat) has more weight feeling than holding a 15g cd/dvd

DorsetDan

• International Captain
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2019, 08:19:33 AM »

You’d do well to add that 15g all at the toe and the pivot isn’t the end of the handle but that is beside the point ;) people over think things far too much
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 09:00:26 AM by DorsetDan »

edge

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2019, 08:39:10 AM »

I'm as fussy as the next bat nuffie but 0.5oz is about the weight of a scuff sheet... if that's bothering you then it's definitely you that's the problem, not the weight!
HS: 156, BB: 7-20

strang

• First XI Captain
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2019, 02:26:20 PM »

I'm not sure about the whole lever analogy. I've been thinking about it a bit and we don't really lever pivot from the grip, more like it should be felt further up the arm, maybe in the shoulder joint. That where the shot is pivoting from.

mr_reagan

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2019, 05:10:29 PM »

Yesterday, I received my first GM player bat. All I can say is I am very impressed with the feel and ping. Definitely one of the best bats I have owned. I just love thick oval handles.

pictures or it didnt happen xD

e4sby

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2019, 05:23:24 PM »

Im waiting for a reply from GM regarding a weight reduction.

Could you chase this up for me please @Edward Lowy

KW9221

• County 1st XI
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2019, 05:41:12 PM »

pictures or it didnt happen xD
I will post pictures once I get my other GM player edition as well. :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Advertise on CBF