Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 1-2-1 Coaching  (Read 470 times)

Yorkershire

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (+3)
Re: 1-2-1 Coaching
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 03:06:13 PM »

Same here, I just feel team nets are not beneficial at all. Especially if like me you don't play 1st XI. The bowling is all over the place.

I've had around 3-4 session now, and I have probably hit more balls in those sessions than I did in the whole of last 2 seasons playing games. Also the muscle memory comment above is very true. I'm now feeling more comfortable in the changes and are starting to feel more natural.

I will be starting nets next week, but will go in with purpose this year. Focus on:

- Disciplined batting - treat it like an innings
- Don't chase way ward balls
- Don't play fancy shots
- Don't get bowled

Treat it like a 10 minute innings. Whereas before I just go in and get comfortable and have ago with no sense of purpose.

SD

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: 1-2-1 Coaching
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2019, 06:25:58 PM »

1 on 1 coaching sessions are fantastic but there is still a value in club nets.  The trajectory from a bowling machine is very flat whereas at club level even quicker bowlers send down balls with a degree of flight so it is important to get your eye tracking used to picking the trajectory of actual bowlers.  How productive batting at club nets is will depend on the mindset you take in with you. 
Pages: 1 [2]

Advertise on CBF