Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]

Author Topic: Videos of you playing....  (Read 48530 times)

InternalTraining

• World Cup Winner
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Videos of you playing....
« Reply #540 on: February 20, 2018, 03:05:22 PM »

Been adjusting things a little in nets so far this winter - noticed through coaching and about of video that I'm fidgeting about far too much pre-delivery which isn't helping my consistency (which wasn't great last year), so I've decided to try a trigger as a way of consolidating that fidgeting into one movement and then staying still. Gone for just a small step straight back as I don't want to change too much, just move myself into a still position before delivery. Still need a little work as I think I'm triggering a bit late some of the time, but it feels good and I think I'm picking the ball up well more consistently than I was before. Plenty of time to wear it in before the season, any feedback welcome.

https://youtu.be/pEWBbmxMXYM

^ How do you get out the most?

The camera angle is limited and I can't see the ball trajectory at all but here are my observations...
Your hands tend to fall away from your navel/body area and you make a last second adjust when lining up the bat. Most of the time it works fine but against a quick out-swinger, pitching from middle-off, will have you reaching and edging - 5:04 -5:11. Because your hands are dropped away, your bat is arching from a wide angle - gulley position to straight 4:51. You should've nailed that cover/off drive in 4:52 but the ball went square. Anything that pitches middle/leg, you are cleanly putting it away on the on-side. 

Keep your hands close to your navel area and line up your shots with your shoulder dipping first (while keeping your hands close). That would keep your bat's arc straighter, coming down from 1st slip line, instead of gulley or wider.

edge

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #541 on: February 21, 2018, 09:45:42 AM »

Cheers for the input gents, I'm not too worried about not moving my feet much post-trigger as long as I'm transferring weight well, that's always been how I've batted and I tend to do well when the ball's doing a bit.

@InternalTraining - must be the angle throwing you off bud, the one I've played and missed at was 5th stump rather than pitching middle, just should have left it! I'm pretty confident with my general technique so not looking to.mess with that, off the top of my head I've nicked off once in the past 3 seasons so not concerned there. Change to a trigger is aimed at getting me on more consistently still positions and picking up the ball bettermore of the time as a result, made too many slight misjudgements or silly mistakes last season.
HS: 126, BB: 7-20

smilley792

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Willoooowwwww
« Reply #542 on: March 28, 2018, 03:26:50 PM »

So. First chance of an outdoor net due to the rubbish weather.

Getting used to the ball boucning higher than 10inch took a few balls.

https://youtu.be/hmGDEQ_P8wg

Not my best net, not my worse. Had fun and thats why I play.

(Note, only a small proportion for he video is helmet cam, majority stump cam)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:24:52 PM by smilley792 »
@chrisjones792
Fastest ton- 54balls

blindowl

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #543 on: March 28, 2018, 08:52:55 PM »

a few 'interesting' deliveries to keep you awake at the crease in that net @smiley  !

smilley792

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Willoooowwwww
« Reply #544 on: March 30, 2018, 09:44:28 AM »

More stump Cam view! Last indoor net on the ultra low bounce surface.

https://youtu.be/Hjk5GD8SKUI

Bring on the summer........ when is that again??
@chrisjones792
Fastest ton- 54balls
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]

Advertise on CBF