Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Alex hales  (Read 6954 times)

golders

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+10)
Re: Alex hales
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 10:44:18 PM »

I thought you were invited to Haless gaff for a BBQ Leachy but you had something else on? Lol
Ok so he is a tit. So was KP. Big deal, get over it and read tomorrows tabloids... (eye roll emoji)

LEACHY48

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 10:47:05 PM »

I thought you were invited to Haless gaff for a BBQ Leachy but you had something else on? Lol
Ok so he is a tit. So was KP. Big deal, get over it and read tomorrows tabloids... (eye roll emoji)

No thanks. I prefer the independent myself. KPs career was ended because people thought he was a tit. Same should happen to Hales

RPC/Blueroom Cricket - Adie

• Forum Sponsor
  • Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2019, 06:18:17 AM »

No thanks. I prefer the independent myself. KPs career was ended because people thought he was a tit. Same should happen to Hales

Tbf, most of them are &63*()(.. stokes being another prime example. Then add in the WhatsApp gang etc etc

Surridge Sports

• Forum Sponsor
  • County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2019, 06:59:53 AM »

Tbf, most of them are &63*()(.. stokes being another prime example. Then add in the WhatsApp gang etc etc

Completely agree on hales, met him twice through a friend. Hes one of those people that you hope if you sat down and had lunch with him and a chat that hed be a nice guy. Unfortunately hes in a constant state of teenage showing off for his friends

I do however think the Criticism of the whats app gang is harsh. If Alex Hepburn raped that girl he absolutely deserves what hes got and justice has been done but can you really criticise 4 lads in their early 20s for having a competition to see who can sleep with more people? I mean its clearly juvenile but its standard behaviour youd find in any group of single 20 somethings.

alexhilly1492

• International Captain
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2019, 09:29:21 AM »

One of my mates has a very good source inside the England camp who has said he has checked himself into rehab for substance abuse, likes a bit of Charlie I've heard, could all be rubbish of course but I am very Inclined to believe it

If that's true i hope he gets the help he needs.

He night be an ass but he's played some wonderful one day innings for England and I'd rather have him in the squad than not!
HS: 61*
BB: 7-4-9-5, 7.3-0-29-5

edge

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2019, 09:33:55 AM »

Bloody hell lads, England cricketer takes a break from the game citing personal reasons shortly before a home world cup and this is the response? I know nothing about it obviously but hope he's alright and getting whatever help he needs.
HS: 156, BB: 7-20

golders

• International Captain
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2019, 10:06:00 AM »

Bloody hell lads, England cricketer takes a break from the game citing personal reasons shortly before a home world cup and this is the response? I know nothing about it obviously but hope he's alright and getting whatever help he needs.

Well said Edge. We do love to sit in Judgement here at times dont we? (Shaking head emoji)

LEACHY48

• International Captain
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2019, 10:12:40 AM »

Ultimately if you are going to willingly be a high profile person in the public eye, you have to expect judgement and scrutiny. Police officers get judged for every action by Joe public, and for a far lower salary than Hales, and every other cricketer who's acted like a tit. It's not a difficult gig, play a sport you love, get paid millions, and all that's asked in return is you don't act like a tit. On multiple occasions Hales has failed in this regard. That's why he gets judged. If you stick your head above the parapet you have to expect to get shot at. Ultimately this is a public forum made for expressing opinions and views. 'Sitting in judgement' (also known as sharing an opinion) is the sole purpose of forums like this.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 10:18:32 AM by LEACHY48 »

csnew

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2019, 11:07:19 AM »

You wouldve thought hales learnt from Bristol last year - got off scott free kicking someone in the head

golders

• International Captain
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2019, 08:30:11 PM »

Thats your choice to judge him;
Its also your choice to jump on the bandwagon and slate a guy you dont even really know.
Im not defending Hales- but I dont know the full story- and neither do you.

jonny77

• County 1st XI
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2019, 09:10:16 PM »

Difficult to call anyone anything unless you know them imo. If it's substance related then hopefully he'll get the help needed. If it's that he's cheated on his partner, then he won't be the first or last and the fact he's in a privileged position getting paid to play a game we all love, doesn't mean he's not human and won't make mistakes. Not saying any of it is right, but just saying he's only human. Non of us are perfect, but we sometimes expect this from our sports people and won't accept anything less. Tit or not, he's a human and therefore imperfect like the rest. If he keeps making mistakes or is just a tit, then he'll run out of chances afforded to him by the people who know him.

FattusCattus

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2019, 09:15:57 PM »

I dont know the whole story either, but Im also not stupid. A thin escape from a fracas and kicking someone in the head in Bristol to tabloid fodder in the Windies.

Smacks of having all the opportunities in the world and ballsing them up.

Perhaps a little break away would suit, playing for England is a privilege, not a right.
If you tolerate this, then your baked goods will be next.

golders

• International Captain
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2019, 09:19:17 PM »

Difficult to call anyone anything unless you know them imo. If it's substance related then hopefully he'll get the help needed. If it's that he's cheated on his partner, then he won't be the first or last and the fact he's in a privileged position getting paid to play a game we all love, doesn't mean he's not human and won't make mistakes. Not saying any of it is right, but just saying he's only human. Non of us are perfect, but we sometimes expect this from our sports people and won't accept anything less. Tit or not, he's a human and therefore imperfect like the rest. If he keeps making mistakes or is just a tit, then he'll run out of chances afforded to him by the people who know him.

Well said Jonny.

LEACHY48

• International Captain
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2019, 12:08:34 AM »

Thats your choice to judge him;
Its also your choice to jump on the bandwagon and slate a guy you dont even really know.
Im not defending Hales- but I dont know the full story- and neither do you.

This holier than thou attitude is pretty boring tbh. I think you need to re-evaluate your interpretation of jumping on the bandwagon...I started the thread and set my stool out with my stance before anyone else did....not really jumping on the bandwagon.

I know enough of the guy having met him on several occasions, having seen his actions, and having mates who have a relationship with him, to know that the bloke is the quintessential 'fur-lined ocean, going balls up' to quote grand designs.

Yes, it is my choice to judge him, just like you are judging me for having an opinion on him. Once again, the holier than thou approach proves to be a little hypocritical.

golders

• International Captain
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2019, 05:25:12 AM »

Lets agree to disagree shall we? You are entitled to your opinion- as am I.
Happy Easter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Advertise on CBF