Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: M&H S6 / Puma Original dimensions  (Read 2866 times)

Buzz

• Administrator
  • International Superstar
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Clear your mind, stay still and watch the ball
Re: M&H S6 / Puma Original dimensions
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2019, 10:25:57 PM »

This is a magnificent thread, thanks so much for sharing.
And great work with the bats.
"Bradman didn't used to have any trigger movements or anything like that. He turned batting into a subconscious act" Tony Shillinglaw.

DevAussie

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2019, 06:40:28 AM »

Great effort mate, looks really good. I made a replica S6 when i first started too, it's a classic bat that won a lot if people over.

JK Lewis

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2019, 11:41:06 AM »

Awesome job mate, I've been following with great interest. The bat looks great, but can you feel any actual difference now?

Komdotkom

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2019, 11:05:01 PM »

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.
The plugs made no difference to the weight, I really should have done before and after weight measurements but I really just did it for the challenge.
It's a light bat for the size but I think that has more to do with the cleft and leaving it on a heating register for a couple of weeks than the holes/plugs. I didn't hit too many in the nets so can't really comment on the performance but it seems pretty good.
Interestingly the other cleft that I got and shaped up is very disappointing as a bat, probably one of the worst performers I have but I'll reserve final judgement until it's done a few more sessions and been played in properly but it feels pretty average.
If anyone has any hot tips on how to get handled clefts to Australia at a semi reasonable price I'm all ears, at the moment I can buy a reasonable quality finished bat for less than the clefts cost.

jonny77

• County 1st XI
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2019, 07:02:07 AM »

Have you contacted the source of the cleft to feedback? I'm sure they'd help if there's an issue. I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'disappointing'. Dead or just not as good as others? 

Komdotkom

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2019, 07:33:01 AM »

I haven't contacted the source of the cleft about it, it's not a plank by any means but it doesn't perform as well as my others. My other bats are all good performers and the only really 'cheap' ones I have are two butterfly jobs from L&W and Aldred which both go quite well.
It could be the shape and balance too - I just don't love it like the Puma/M&H copy, that's one's a keeper for sure. Pity really because I had it laser engraved with my club logo so my market to sell it is very limited.....

Julesoak

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2019, 09:01:04 AM »

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.
The plugs made no difference to the weight, I really should have done before and after weight measurements but I really just did it for the challenge.
It's a light bat for the size but I think that has more to do with the cleft and leaving it on a heating register for a couple of weeks than the holes/plugs. I didn't hit too many in the nets so can't really comment on the performance but it seems pretty good.
Interestingly the other cleft that I got and shaped up is very disappointing as a bat, probably one of the worst performers I have but I'll reserve final judgement until it's done a few more sessions and been played in properly but it feels pretty average.
If anyone has any hot tips on how to get handled clefts to Australia at a semi reasonable price I'm all ears, at the moment I can buy a reasonable quality finished bat for less than the clefts cost.

JP Gavan for the clefts maybe?

jonny77

• County 1st XI
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2019, 12:08:21 PM »

Or find out where JP Gavan sources his from, as they seem to come pre-handled etc.

Komdotkom

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2019, 04:19:08 AM »

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/salisbury-plain/other-sports-fitness/6-off-willow-clefts-6-off-bat-handles-for-cricket-bat-making/1225322496

If any of the Australians want to arrange a group buy let me know and I'll jump on this.
EDIT - looks like just the raw clefts are remaining and have not been pressed.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 07:40:51 AM by Komdotkom »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Advertise on CBF