Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Scott cricket bats  (Read 3607 times)

jonny77

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Scott cricket bats
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2020, 10:42:44 AM »

Its a very nice and popular shape at the moment, personally I would like to see this shape have a slightly more Square toe for two reasons. Firstly the bat is huge and he square toe just gives the visualisation its even bigger in the stance and set up giving the payer even more confidence. Secondly its just in vogue lol.

The spine into duckbill looks similar to the new Powerbow which is said by most to have the best pick up in there range to looks like a winning profile to me for a mid/low shape buddy. Finishing looks stunning as well so looks like the brands coming on leaps mate

Funnily enough that's one of the shapes I liked coming back into playing cricket recently, so probably influenced me. I take the square toe onboard but just concerns me on the durability. Although this could be specified obviously.

Again, appreciate the feedback mate. It really helps!

bigblue365

• Club Cricketer
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2020, 04:08:51 PM »

Little bump looking for any feedback (good or bad) on this shape etc. Or any tips or thoughts, as all helps the development 😁

Love the shape of the bat and finish. Will duck bill profile with low middle give better pick up than a mid or high middle?

jonny77

• County 1st XI
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2020, 05:16:29 PM »

For me pick up is a very subjective thing, but generally anything with a lower middle is said to not pick up as light as a mid or high middle. However I think this one it's well balanced and has plenty of wood up high too, so picks up well at 2lbs 12. I use 2lbs 9 - 2lbs 10 and it feels great to me.

jonny77

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2020, 11:01:13 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Advertise on CBF