Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Net Action - Pretty Amazing!  (Read 3711 times)

cricketbadger03

• Village Cricketer
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Net Action - Pretty Amazing!
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2020, 04:28:25 PM »

On a personal note, my batting did improve with a more front-on stance than side on...something to do with my vision I guess. Cricket is a very "traditional" sport where lot of conventional wisdom goes unchallenged. I took a lot of flak for it but people don't argue against numbers.

For a short batsman like me, off side can be a problem because I don't have that reach. Naturally, I compensate by moving around in and out of the popping crease.

Well said re the unchallenged conventions!

I also slightly opened up my stance last summer for the first time and it paid dividends. Stopped falling over as much and cover drive came back having lost it whilst utilising a back-and-across trigger in 2018. More importantly, I felt so balanced at the crease.

Like you say, I'm slowly learning what seems to work for me both technically and it terms of my game-plan. I think that's now holding true in int'l cricket where we see less convention followed but still a lot of success. Though those who aren't good enough for test cricket still remain not good enough for test cricket!

AJ2014

• County 2nd XI
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Net Action - Pretty Amazing!
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2020, 07:28:46 PM »

Well said re the unchallenged conventions!

I also slightly opened up my stance last summer for the first time and it paid dividends. Stopped falling over as much and cover drive came back having lost it whilst utilising a back-and-across trigger in 2018. More importantly, I felt so balanced at the crease.

Like you say, I'm slowly learning what seems to work for me both technically and it terms of my game-plan. I think that's now holding true in int'l cricket where we see less convention followed but still a lot of success. Though those who aren't good enough for test cricket still remain not good enough for test cricket!
good point, I've open stance as well but not as much was in the past, easier to bat on both sides of the wicket, but for left arm over the wicket, against  pacers
Who hit me the biggest 6? My son! With the bat I gifted him!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Advertise on CBF