Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: GM James Vince Players Edition  (Read 4845 times)

Cover_Drive

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+14)
Re: GM James Vince Players Edition
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2020, 08:40:12 AM »

Probably my favourite GM shape, I was lucky to get one off @brokenbat and it is a wonderful bat.
Twitter: @_UzairM

DorsetDan

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2020, 09:01:54 AM »

Lovey looking bat Chris. Looks the same shape as Stokes and a few others use.

Vince used to have a different shape to that, well he did two+ years ago, it was low middle with a bow. What the Zelos was then designed from

@Six Sixes Cricket was that the purple stickered one you had in that you are thinking of? That was just as I was getting in to a position to be able to buy my first PE and it looked absolute perfection. "The most Indian style GM PE" I think we described it as at the time. I am trying to stalk your pics online but can't find it quickly. It's a shame the shapes became so samey after that

Here are my two of this Vince/ Stokes shape

Jeff Navarro

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • British born
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2020, 09:46:53 AM »

Wow what a cracking bat, I might be in the minority though as those see through stickers are a bit meh.

SOULMAN1012

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+27)
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2020, 10:05:51 AM »

For those that mentioned about thin toe and shoulders they are thinner than all my other GM bats

Vince PE - toe 16mm on edge of toe and 18mm middle of toe
Neon LE - toe 22mm on edge of toe and 26mm middle of toe
Siren Sig- toe 23mm on edge of toe and 26mm middle of toe

Shoulders of the bats

Vince PE - 17mm shoulder
Neon LE - 20mm shoulder
Siren Sig- 21mm shoulder

I guess that as they are exact replicas of players bats they are not to bothered if they break as they get new ones or free repairs so just have all the wood in the hitting area. Plus they middle the ball far more often then even the beat club players

JTtaylor145

• County 2nd XI
    • mildenhallcricketclub.hitscricket.com
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2020, 10:54:33 AM »

Lovely bat Chris,

Glad you decided to treat yourself to one.

Sorry to hear about your Wife's job. Maybe she has some time on her hands to do some knocking in for you?  ;)

jayralh

• County 1st XI
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2020, 11:13:26 AM »

I used to be the one criticizing GM bats for thin toes. But after using GM bats in particular harrow size where toe is thinner compared to SH I dont see any problem with them anymore. I noticed you dont hit toe at all unless you miss time or hit in anger. GM scuff sheet are good proof to see how high you hit bat actually as it covers with cherries very quick.
I compared GM toe to my Kookaburra charge and its not that of difference. Shape of GM that makes it look thinner

So anyone worried about GM thin toe put your worries to rest and buy/use a GM.

GDP1964

• County 1st XI
  • GDP
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2020, 02:07:11 PM »

Cracking Bat hopefully you get some use out of it this season

Psi

• County 1st XI
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2020, 02:43:02 PM »

Wow what a cracking bat, I might be in the minority though as those see through stickers are a bit meh.

I personally like the see through stickers a lot. Only issue is that they haven't quite sorted out the glue and you can see blobs of glue under the see through edges, which tends to get a bit unstuck. Very minor issue though - generally great design

dtl2018

• Village Cricketer
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2020, 03:00:32 PM »

I personally like the see through stickers a lot. Only issue is that they haven't quite sorted out the glue and you can see blobs of glue under the see through edges, which tends to get a bit unstuck. Very minor issue though - generally great design

Yeah that's my only gripe with the LEs I have as well...

SOULMAN1012

• Forum Legend
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2020, 03:06:27 PM »

Yeah that's my only gripe with the LEs I have as well...

In all honesty the current stickers dont stick that well on the edge of any of my GM bats. The Siren I have could easily pull away at the edges and also the toe sticker but with the clear ones you can if you look really closely see the glue blobs under the sticker. Minor complaint I guess.

DorsetDan

• First XI Captain
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2020, 03:19:48 PM »

In all honesty the current stickers dont stick that well on the edge of any of my GM bats. The Siren I have could easily pull away at the edges and also the toe sticker but with the clear ones you can if you look really closely see the glue blobs under the sticker. Minor complaint I guess.

Very true. I haven't had a single GM with latest style stickers where they have been stuck down on the edges. I can live with that for overwhelming positives though  :)

My other complaint for these Players Editions is for all that money please please please include some kind of cover or case! Every one I've had arrived with dents

SOULMAN1012

• Forum Legend
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2020, 03:53:40 PM »

Very true. I haven't had a single GM with latest style stickers where they have been stuck down on the edges. I can live with that for overwhelming positives though  :)

My other complaint for these Players Editions is for all that money please please please include some kind of cover or case! Every one I've had arrived with dents

Luckily mine was very well packaged as I would be annoyed if it arrived dented. I do fully agree that for this kind of money a bat cover should be included. A matching signed player edition cover would be a nice touch but worst case just a full length bat cover included. Think Paul from IJC has mentioned the same in his videos

bigblue365

• First XI Captain
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2020, 04:26:31 PM »

Very nice PE bats. Do these bats or other grade GM bats need additional knocking or can be used in nets directly?

Jimbo

• County 1st XI
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2020, 04:27:56 PM »

Very nice PE bats. Do these bats or other grade GM bats need additional knocking or can be used in nets directly?

If I'd spent that much I'd be knocking it in regardless 😂

SOULMAN1012

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2020, 04:58:03 PM »

Iv always just taken my GM bats into the nets and knocked in via Bola balls. This one will get some mallet action on edges and toe just to be safe I think.

Other grades no issue at all and this one could certainly be used straight away.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Advertise on CBF