Advertise on CBF

Author Topic: Scott Cricket Bat  (Read 326 times)

alba caerulea

Scott Cricket Bat
« on: November 09, 2020, 07:37:21 PM »

After being very impressed by the Scott bats on the forum I got in touch with Jonny. He had recently posted a prototype shape for next season and I liked the look of it. The bat in question was possibly going to be slightly above my weight range when finished so he pointed me in the direction of a Bat in a previous post that was in a similar shape but slightly lighter.

Legal Tender was exchanged and the bat was on its way to me! I had a few updates of collection and expected delivery along the way which is always a nice benefit of going with a smaller maker.

Must apologise in advance for the quality of photographs, my ability in that skill certainly hasn't improved in the years since I last posted a review!

Must also apologise to Jonny for not taking a photo of the lovely padded bat sleeve that was included. I got it packed away before my significant other returned from work! Might be able to add pics of this at a later date. And also thanks for the lovely introductory note included - again a personal touch you dont often get.

Picture Time!

Initial thoughts -

LARGE. For the weight, bang on 2.10 on my scales, this seems huge to me. Not only around the middle but also looks solid around the shoulders and thick right into the toe which is where durability is often sacrificed for weight. Looking forward to getting on the bowling machine in December covid willing.

Graded as a 2 which I think is correct. Small strip of heartwood and the grains run straight through the toe. Grading is largely Irrelevant to me as I am all about performance.

Handle I would say is thinnish, just how I like it. Certainly thinner than the GM handle but possibly not quite as thin as a Keeley handle. Have to add that this was supposed to come with a black grip but Jonny changed it to a white at my request.

Jonny offered a toe guard but I prefer shoe goo so he did that instead.

Stickers are fantastic both in design and quality. I would say they are as good as Ive seen. Embossed as Ive tried to show and bold but not in any way overbearing. Very classy. Big fan of that

Service was superb throughout and I would recommend Scott bats for sure. Obviously this was a stock shape but Jonny did offer to make one to my requirements aswell. Once I saw the size of it I was sold. Price very reasonable for a G2, certainly less than the big boys. Overall very happy and will try to update after a net

« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 07:41:40 PM by alba caerulea »

jonny77

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Scott Cricket Bat
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 09:45:47 PM »

Thanks mate, appreciate the review and your support. Glad you like the bat and hope it scores you plenty! 👍

SOULMAN1012

• Forum Legend
  • Trade Count: (+27)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 02:00:10 PM »

Lovely shape that mate, looks like it will certainly stay hit, lovely example of what i call the modern pro shape large swell with loads of wood in the hitting area

potzy248

• International Captain
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 05:54:35 PM »

That's awesome.
Kane Williamson for Prime Minister.

DorsetDan

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 06:39:23 PM »

That’s a stunner.

What do you reckon to the chances of a thick oval handle in a shape like that with the clefts you work from @jonny77?  Asking for a friend

Advertise on CBF