Advertise on CBF

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Will the 2021 season happen?  (Read 5172 times)

DiscoStu

• First XI Captain
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Will the 2021 season happen?
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2021, 03:18:54 PM »

Trying to look around for clubs in the East London area having moved here late last year; but after getting turned down by a few clubs saying they would be unlikely to give me a game feel a bit deflated about it all...

Barking?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/sports-teams-partners/cricket-players-needed-/1391005636

Kez

• County 1st XI
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2021, 04:32:21 PM »

Trying to look around for clubs in the East London area having moved here late last year; but after getting turned down by a few clubs saying they would be unlikely to give me a game feel a bit deflated about it all...

Name and Shame, I can't think of a single reason why anyone should be turned away!
kesoncricket.com

rickjames

• World Cup Winner
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2021, 04:42:42 PM »

Don't have the email on me as I'd deleted it, bit harsh to name them, but definitely something along the lines of 'we have lots of members already who'll be more keen than usual, thus probably can't get you a game'

I'm in Bow, would prefer to stay around here but most clubs I see are more LMS sides which isn't my bag...

richthekeeper

• County 1st XI
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2021, 08:27:07 PM »

Speaking from Putneys point of view, last summer they were getting 6 teams out a weekend and still having a lot of availability left over. Having too many members is a real challenge and I think its quite good of them to be honest rather than just take your money and not get you any games

SD

• International Captain
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2021, 10:21:08 PM »

After a recent trend of declining numbers, there are more sides being entered in both Saturday and Sunday cricket here this season which is a hugely welcome development and reflects the general optimism over playing numbers.

On balance I think clubs are better off being honest with potential new players rather than taking their money knowing that they will struggle for opportunities
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Advertise on CBF